Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

am i the only one still yelling at kids to go to bed?

(10 Posts)
stitch Mon 15-May-06 21:20:19

please tell me i am not alone.
ds's both still up. any excuse. im hungry. in scared. i need a drink, fighting. whhy cant my room be like his. etc etec etc.
every single day.

beety Mon 15-May-06 21:20:50

no, i have two ofmine adn two german boys still awaske

stitch Mon 15-May-06 21:23:37

beety, why do you have two german boys in your house?

stitch Mon 15-May-06 21:24:28

sorry, that came out all wrong. the way you phrased it mad eme think of gorgeous adonis hunks.
god i am a sick woman
im just soooo tired of always yelling at them

kid Mon 15-May-06 21:26:21

I had to yell at my kids to get them to go to bed tonight, but that was 1 1/2 hours ago!

Jasnem Mon 15-May-06 21:26:44

Mine are the same....i tell them repeatedly, then shout, then they cry because I shouted. It's gone quiet now, though.(crossed fingers)

controlfreaky2 Mon 15-May-06 21:26:59

mine are quiet (dss's 8 and 6).... but did bedtime on my own tonight and got REALLY cross and REALLY shouty with them as the just wldnt stop mucking about and kicking football round their bedroom.... then felt really guilty as hate to end their day on such a miserable note....

stitch Mon 15-May-06 21:28:00

their bedtime is supposed to be 8 and half 8. but they are always up at this time still. sometimes the eldest is still up at ten. on a weeknight that just drives me potty.

singersgirl Mon 15-May-06 21:46:22

No. DS2 (nearly 5) has been asleep since 8, DS1 (nearly 8) is still chuntering in his room despite repeated threats.

Tortington Mon 15-May-06 22:07:41

mine gave up years ago when they realised i don't give a shit. and if i thought they were in any doubt i said to them " darlings i love you, but i don't give a shit"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: