Talk

Advanced search

12 month old suddenly sleeping LOADS

(4 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 18-Apr-13 13:28:19

Not sure I should be concerned or that she's gearing up for a growth spurt (suspect the latter but just wanting to put my mind at rest).

Suddenly tired at night about half an hour earlier than normal and today she's had 1hr 45 mins sleep this morning (normally she'll have 30-45 mins on a morning) and she's now had a good hour's afternoon nap as well. While I'm enjoying the peace - starting to just wonder what's going on a bit... she has been teething fairly badly, and she's chunked out a bit which makes me think she's suddenly due to shoot up (she'd better flipping NOT - she's in 18-24 month clothes already!) but seriously - has she decided to skip the terrible 1s/2s/3s/4s etc and go straight to be a teenager?!

Indith Thu 18-Apr-13 13:30:03

So long as she is well within herself (apart form teething etc) then she probably is just growing. If she is difficult to rouse, lethargic when she is awake etc then you might have cause for concern.

MiaowTheCat Thu 18-Apr-13 13:32:35

Oh god - she can't grow any more this soon... she's already getting mistaken for a 2 year old. I ain't got any 2-3 year clothes bought - which isn't like me!

I blame the blooming father - damn him being 6 foot 7.

Future supermodel or basketball star... hmm.

Goldensunnydays81 Thu 18-Apr-13 13:43:42

Has she started walking recently or doing anything else new? I always found that it would really tire ds out when he learnt to do new things especially walking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now