Talk

Advanced search

How well/badly do/did your 6mo babies sleep?

(8 Posts)
WhoahThereCrazyHorse Thu 18-Apr-13 08:32:58

Mine wakes 2/3 times a night, needs settling (not hungry) and recently is spending more and more time in bed with us. Last night was awake crying for nearly 2 hours, finally resorted to calpol and he went back off (in our bed) until 8.

Seems to be getting worse not better, has anyone else had the same?

BlueChampagne Thu 18-Apr-13 12:20:01

Both pretty terrible. DS1 began sleeping through about 8-9 months but it took till 30 months for DS2 (he was a martyr to teeth it seems).

Flisspaps Thu 18-Apr-13 12:28:39

They didn't, really. Or it felt that way. Prime teething time (paracetamol AND ibuprofen was the only thing that sorted my two) as well as sleep regression.

DD finally slept through at 14mo, she was in her own cot from 6mo. DS started sleeping through at about 11mo and long may it continue - we co-slept with him until he was about 9mo.

CitrusyOne Thu 18-Apr-13 12:34:49

Dd is just approaching 6 months. Slept really well between 3 and 5 months then BAM! Now waking every two hours settles back if I give her a breastfeed or put her in bed with me (without a feed) which would suggest it's not necessarily hunger that's waking her. We're going to try her in her own room this weekend to see if its us disturbing her. We had a terrible night last night with the wind being so noisy. She just WOULD not settle. She doesn't scream crying just kind of grumbles.

ballroomblitz Thu 18-Apr-13 12:40:31

Ds - slept like, well a baby, from 6 mo 8pm -7am. Has always been a brilliant sleeper

Dd - (6.5mo) Slept through from 9 weeks old. Hit 5.5 months and all change. Up sometimes for a feed, up crying several times a night, babbles away loudly for a hour and a half, comes into my bed tossing and turning and smacking the face off me.

KingscoteStaff Thu 18-Apr-13 13:07:14

Went down at 7pm, DH got them up at 10.30 for the 'Newsnight feed' on the sofa, then slept thru til 7am. Neither had trouble with teeth, though.

Chubfuddler Thu 18-Apr-13 13:08:45

At six months DS didn't sleep. Ever, or so it felt.

At six months dd slept 7-7. She stopped doing so at 9 months. Still waiting for her to sleep through again (she's nearly 2)....

WhoahThereCrazyHorse Thu 18-Apr-13 13:27:24

Phew. Makes me feel a bit better, thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now