Talk

Advanced search

Would you bring up a dodgy nappy change at nursery?

(5 Posts)
MillyStar Wed 17-Apr-13 16:52:57

My dd is one next week and goes to nursery on a monday whilst im at work

she usually does one poo day and with her only going to nursery one day a week more often than not she doesnt poo there

she's had very very loose poos this week and she did one on monday, they told me when i picked her up

anyway i took her nappy off half an hour before her bath like i do every night to give her lovely bum some air and i noticed it was red raw and not properly clean, i had a closer look and there were bit of poo still on her bits and they were also red raw, i wiped her properly which obviously was stinging her because she got upset and she winced when i put her in the bath ;(

would you say something or just keep an eye on it? obviously if she was full time i'd have rang up straight away but not sure if i'm being neurotic as she only goes once a week and has probably pooed there twice since christmas!

i wouldnt really know what to say i'd feel a bit stupid telling them how to change a nappy properly but part of me feels like i should tell them, its only just back to normal today

rachi1990xx Wed 17-Apr-13 19:12:50

U must say something someone obviously is not doing there job right no matter what your childs personal hygeine is 1st priority she could have got an infection x

GiveMeVegemite Wed 17-Apr-13 19:55:31

I would definitely mention it. It might happen again and she might get an infection or a bad case of nappy rash etc. I'm sure the supervisor would want to know if someone wasnt doing their job properly too.

Gintonic Wed 17-Apr-13 20:03:10

Absolutely say something. I'm sure they know how to change a nappy properly, they just haven't bothered.

Springforward Wed 17-Apr-13 20:07:21

I'd raise it. And have done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now