Talk

Advanced search

Changed DD to goats milk and now have nappies from hell

(4 Posts)
furryfriends57 Tue 16-Apr-13 20:50:02

The title says it all really, DD of 18mths has had non stop coughs, colds and chest infections since last september, has felt like we have been living with GP. So on advice from an alternative therapist I decided to take her off dairy products so changed her to goats milk and yogurts. Its been generally good as she is less mucosy (sp!), not coughing and is more alert but OMG she has the nappies from hell. She has had one dirty nappy a day max and we are now on 2 to 3 really bad ones that usually leak. Just wondering if anyone else has tried goats milk and if this is a symptom. (If theres a better place on the forum to post please let me know.) thanks

CreatureRetorts Tue 16-Apr-13 21:45:50

There's an ellergies topic somewhere that might help.

However given that goats milk is still dairy I'm a bit hmm at the suggestion.

September til now is cough/cold/flu/virus season anyway? My two have had something or other for months. Roll on summer!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Tue 16-Apr-13 22:26:13

If your DD has a problem with dairy, it's not recommended that goats milk is given instead. If you're allergic to dairy there's a 90% chance you'll be allergic to goats milk as still contains milk protein. It's not good advice, to be honest I would see the GP. I wouldn't trust dietary advice from an alternative therapist.

babySophieRose Fri 19-Apr-13 18:59:05

My DD always has few days- a week settling period when changing formula or milk. Yes, more dirty nappies and wind sad Goat milk is suppose to be easily digest, we moved from cows milk ( very much disliked) to formula and then to goats milk and after a few days she was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now