Talk

Advanced search

putting 15 month old in toddler bed

(2 Posts)
leeanne6385 Sun 14-Apr-13 19:21:36

hi my 15 month old dd couldnt sleep comfy in cot from 9 months,as she kept getting her feet trapped in rails when sleeping so put her in travel cot so feet would not get stuck but now she wakes constant as she sleeps funny my ss was same i put him in toddler bed at 16 month and he was ok the bed i have for dd is low to ground and i have side rails has anyone else put 15 month old into a bed anf how did you find it

loube80 Sun 14-Apr-13 20:54:38

Hi I have just moved my 15 month old into a toddler bed. He has always slept really badly and as I am 8 months pg with DC2 I thought we may as well try him in a bed as it would then free up the cot for the baby. Since we moved him about a week ago his sleep has improved a lot - he actually slept through the night for the first time ever on Friday, and is now regularly at least only waking 1 - 2 times rather than the up to 10 times he was doing before.
He seems to love his bed and will happily climb into it himself whereas previously I had to rock him and then put him into the cot - not easy on my back at this stage of pg.
I would personally try him out in a bed, the way I saw it was that I could easily move him back if it didn't seem to work. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now