Talk

Advanced search

It seems like we've had winter since October, do your DCs play outside much?

(14 Posts)
sensesworkingovertime Thu 11-Apr-13 20:16:22

I am surprised when my DCs want to play outside when it's freezing cold. I guess I was the same at there age, now, it take me all my time to drag myself out to the dustbins in this shitty weather.

What are yours like, how long will they play out for?

Misty9 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:33:14

Ds(19mo) always wants to be outside. Last month we moved to our current place with a park 5mins walk away - and I was regularly surprised to be the only ones in the playground! Fair weather people grin
For the last week or so he'll happily play in the garden for an hour or more, while I make dinner stay warm inside.

He won't wear gloves though, and regularly gets freezing purple hands.. bad mother

pinkpudding Thu 11-Apr-13 20:37:48

i'm in scotland and mine play out every day. baby sleeps out in her pram every morning. they are never ill and they love playing out. most of the kids in my street are out everyday.

Tee2072 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:38:44

Every chance he gets, all winter long. Not even pouring rain stops him. Crazy child!

conorsrockers Thu 11-Apr-13 21:01:03

We had 20 tonnes of rubber chips delivered today. They couldn't get their clothes on quick enough, mostly, it's been nerf guns in quick rubber (not exactly sure how that game works). Now I have rubber all over the yard and a trail into the house hmm grin At least they're outside, mine do go out in all weathers to play Footie - but it got to the point where the field was sooooo muddy, that wasn't worth it either - I even saw the bikes out today! Yay!!

forevergreek Fri 12-Apr-13 13:44:04

Yep outside every day. We brought all in one rain suits so they don't gt soaked. Also have snow gear they use when freezing.

BornToFolk Fri 12-Apr-13 13:46:14

Yeah, there's not much that'll stop DS playing football! I don't join him when the weather's really cold but luckily he's happy to play by himself in the garden now, for a while at least.

NeverendingStoryteller Fri 12-Apr-13 13:59:04

Every day, unless it's tipping it down to the point of immediate saturation! Old trainers, old jogging bottoms, and a weatherproof coat with a hood, and he's gone!

sensesworkingovertime Sat 13-Apr-13 14:42:05

Oh, it's good to hear you all have such hardy children!

TiredFeet Sat 13-Apr-13 14:46:53

Yep Ds 2.5 goes outside to play at least once a day or I he starts climbing the walls. Just wrap him (and me) up well and out we go as normal, park, beach, river or just to play in the garden. He has played with his sandpit most of yesterday afternoon shock
His nursery are great at getting them out whatever the weather too
Like misty though I can't get him to wear gloves for more than a few minutes so his hands do go a bit purple sometimes

lizzieannejames Sat 13-Apr-13 16:55:21

Unless the weather has been extreme then the children have been out with me twice a day to walk the dog- obviously I wrap them up warmly, and I do have to take them, but the fresh air does them good!

olibeansmummy Sun 14-Apr-13 18:30:06

Nope, ds (3.10) hates the cold weather with a passion sad even in his snowsuit, snow boots, hat and gloves. I've tried just getting in with it but neither of us have any fun. We're warm blooded creatures!

lljkk Sun 14-Apr-13 18:33:20

21 degrees here today. shock
Water pistol fights in the garden and all.

fishybits Sun 14-Apr-13 18:38:12

Everyday. DD is 14 months old, she wears a snow suit and puddleduck mitts and booties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now