Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Story/music cds for toddler (22mo)

(9 Posts)
sleepcrisis Thu 11-Apr-13 18:00:08

My DS is obsessed with the Charlie and Lola cd which I randomly picked up in the library. He listens to it so intently and has made up actions to go along with it. Problem is, he goes into a bit of a trance when it's on, just like watching cbeebies!

Firstly, just wondering if this is something I should discourage or if it's cool. I'm not so happy about the fact that recently he's been demanding it at dinner time and won't eat unless it's on. I think maybe he likes it because he gets tired and it allows him to sort of switch off and zone out.

Secondly, if general consensus is that it's ok, do you have any suggestions for alternative cds? I'm getting a bit bored of this one!

Thanks

sleepcrisis Fri 12-Apr-13 19:02:27

Bump

accessorizequeen Fri 12-Apr-13 19:08:02

A basketful full of Kipper is very nice, read by Dawn French beautifully. Kids love audio books and music, can't see any downside to it and lots of positives. Great for long car journeys. Lots of music appeals to my dc, doesn't have to be kiddy cd's but The Wombles is very catchy and a favourite in this house.

20wkbaby Fri 12-Apr-13 19:09:28

Sounds OK to me and I am sure he will get bored of it soon enough. Better than demanding TV! We have quite a lot of story CDs for the car although they are really for DD who is 5. Could you find a radio station for kids (can't help on that one). At least it would be more variety or have a look again in the library for others he might like then you wouldn't waste money buying something he wasn't interested in?

SkiBumMum Fri 12-Apr-13 19:11:22

Hairy McLary
Kipper
Spot

You can get lots of the books on cd / mp3. I record the library ones too is this allowed?

defineme Fri 12-Apr-13 19:14:00

We're going on a bear hunt, room on the broom...
If it's peaceful at tea time I'd go with it, some kids find conversation and eating hard.

fairylightsinthespring Sat 13-Apr-13 09:42:46

We got one that has 101 Dalmations, Dumbo, Bambi, Alice in Wonderland and the Lion King on it (10 min versions of each) and it came with the books so they can "read along". DD is 23 months and loves it, Bambi is her favourite smile

sleepcrisis Sat 13-Apr-13 13:02:09

Thanks for all the replies. Will look out for all of those suggestions in the library.

Any of these particularly good for going to sleep to? Am doing a kinds of gradual retreat thing and thought he might like a story to fall asleep to...

Radiator1234 Sat 13-Apr-13 13:36:07

We have
Hungry caterpillar
And a box set of Gruffalo/ Room on the broom etc which we got from Amazon for 9.99 (5 or 6 different CDs each with a different story)

Which my daughter who is nearly 3 loves listening to in the car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now