Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CSA help please

(9 Posts)
ladythatlunches Tue 09-Apr-13 20:06:18

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help.

My dh has a child from a previous relationship in which he sees every school holiday as they live 7 hours away.

We have 5 children all under age of 7.

My dh works very hard and is a fantastic father to our dc and his ds.

We have been together for13 years and dss is 14.

His ex is being very difficult at the moment and even though they have a payment agreement which is always had and ex is happy with . Well was happy with, she is talking about contacting CSA for more money even though dh gives alot plus pays for clothes and obviously when he is here gets money to go out etc.

On paper dh earns well but with 5 children and our unfortunate loans and rent its practically gone. We struggle or the time. We don't have luxuries at all no holidays days out etc. We are finding life very difficult at the moment so bad dh is working everyday god sends just so we can afford
shopping .

I haven't spoken to dh about it yet as he is still at work but am very close to tears woundering how we will feed and cloth our children if the CSA are involved.

Im bit sure what im asking really but just advice or someone to talk to please.

MiconiumHappens Tue 09-Apr-13 20:13:44

Do you know there is a CSA calculator on line? smile

ladythatlunches Tue 09-Apr-13 20:17:44

Yes thats what's made me cry. The amount calculated for his earnings woukd literally break us. I feel sick worrying

MiconiumHappens Tue 09-Apr-13 20:32:12

Oh ok - well first things first everything's going to be ok, have brew and take a few deep breaths.

Did you put in the distance he travels to pick up his DC? Sorry if teaching you to suck eggs.

ladythatlunches Tue 09-Apr-13 20:38:06

Dhs ex has her family that live down here so she drives down to stay with them so its a bonus that we get to see him. With dh work schedual it is a nightmare so we are lucky there.

Thank you for replying. I feel really worried that we will have to leave our house etc

MiconiumHappens Tue 09-Apr-13 20:45:25

When DH is home you can go through all the options properly but honestly you're going to be fine, it just needs working through.

Why has the situation changed?

ladythatlunches Tue 09-Apr-13 20:59:50

Im not sure. She knows we are struggling we have just had twins.

Nothing has changed though in seeing ds money same and time with him same.

She is a nasty piece of work at the best if time

MiconiumHappens Tue 09-Apr-13 21:16:41

Hmm it's difficult without know the figures etc but I hope DH is home soon to go through things smile

ladythatlunches Tue 09-Apr-13 21:28:03

Dh pays into her bank account £250 a month.
He pays for her school uniform.shoes etc and her coaxh fair for school and any school trips.

Also every school holiday he is taken out with dh sometimes we all go but mostly we can't afford too take all the children
unless we go to park etc but ex tells us he is too old for all that now. And also dh gives him spends for the school holidays when he is here.

I know a £100 doesnt sound a lot but we have been to a financial advisor tryingito get help and all our money is accounted for so anymore will come out of our food budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now