Talk

Advanced search

My son has no friends - feeling guilty.

(3 Posts)
soapandhorny Tue 09-Apr-13 04:35:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheFallenNinja Tue 09-Apr-13 04:49:01

I think perhaps the first paragraph sums up the root of the problem.

Could you be more sociable? Meeting new people can be a pain but perhaps if you can cast a wider net there will be more friends to choose from?

I'm not the worlds most sociable but I do know that when I've made an effort I've met some nice people (plus met my share of tools also)

Perhaps the move is the catalyst for this?

Timetoask Tue 09-Apr-13 05:56:39

I really think he is better off not being friends with this bully. Also, if the mother of the bully decided to ignore his behaviour rather than challenge it, it shows where he gets it from.

I, like you, am also not great at playdates and social meetings, but for the sake of my son (who has a tendency to be a little timid) I have pushed myself to organise things. The more you do it, the less painful it gets! For Ds's first 2 or 3 playdates in our house I was so anxious that DH had to be around (just to paint a picture for you), now I don't mind one bit.

Two books I have bought which I recommend are: how to be a friend(for the children to read, my 6 year old likes it), and the unwritten rules of friendship (for parents to read, really good to the point with excellent recommendations)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now