Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

High back booster seats

(7 Posts)
IWillOnlyEatBeans Sat 06-Apr-13 08:56:55

I was just wondering whether it is safe/legal to put high back booster seats in the front passenger seat of the car?

Thanks

LIZS Sat 06-Apr-13 08:59:26

Perfectly legal , ideally with airbag off and/or seat slid back. If you have the option of rear seat that is safer.

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sat 06-Apr-13 09:06:58

Thanks. I thought the airbag was only an issue with rear facing seats?

LIZS Sat 06-Apr-13 09:07:39

Legally it is but the force of it exploding can injure a small child.

Sirzy Sat 06-Apr-13 09:08:44

I would use a back seat if at all possible.

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sat 06-Apr-13 09:16:09

It is possible to use the back.

I have two DSs (3 and 3 months). The 3 month old HATES being in the car and screams and screams. This then upsets DS1 as he can't hear his songs or chat to me over the noise. He then starts screaming too! I though popping him in the front for shorter journeys might make the whole ordeal less stressful for everyone!

Rockchick1984 Sat 06-Apr-13 15:51:19

The front passenger seat is statistically the one most likely to be hit in an accident, so although its legal its not ideal. Would the 3 year old use headphones? My friend gave her DS an innotab to use in the car with headphones after she had her DD, and has suggested the same to me (am expecting DC2) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now