Talk

Advanced search

7 week old baby still going every 2-3 hours at night ?

(9 Posts)
Parki2002 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:59:00

Hi my little boy has recently been diagnosed with being lactose intolerant we are hoping this is temporary! He has been on Sma LF for 4 weeks now and it has worked a treat for his sickness, diahorea and eczema however it doesn't seem to fill him and he is still feeding every 2-3 hours day and night!! I'm absouloutly knackered lol I have a 3 year old aswell and I'm sure he was sleeping around 5-6 hours by now! He also gets quite constipated is this normal? My gp has advised to slowly start back on normal milk but I'm am cautious as I don't want to make him sick again! Although I really could do with some sleep! Any advice is great fully received!

noblegiraffe Fri 05-Apr-13 11:42:16

Feeding every 2-3 hours including at night is fairly normal for a 7 week old, especially if they're sicky, little and often helps them keep it down.

However, I think with formula it is possible to over feed so check the amount of milk he is taking over those feeds. If he just wants to suck for comfort, then perhaps think about a dummy?

Parki2002 Fri 05-Apr-13 11:44:10

I've tried a dummy he just won't take one! He drains 150ml at every feed! Oh well I guess it's just stick with it! And hopefully he will sleep one day lol!

blushingmare Fri 05-Apr-13 19:59:28

Sorry but my DD was still feeding every 2-3 hours at 7 months, let alone 7 weeks! Probably not what you wanted to hear, but each baby is different and it sounds like you had a good sleeper the first time, but perhaps this one will have different ideas brew

memememum Fri 05-Apr-13 20:19:51

I'm lucky if I get 3-4 hours from my 16 month old.

SpottyTeacakes Fri 05-Apr-13 20:25:59

Ds is 18 weeks and feeds every two hours during the day and 2-3 hours at night. Don't know much about formula quantities but I assume if he wants it he needs it. I also have a potty training two year old who slept 12 hours at fourteen weeks so I feel your pain!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 05-Apr-13 20:28:35

2-3 hours is very normal at that age.

OrangeFootedScrubfowl Fri 05-Apr-13 20:32:13

I think 2 to 3 hours at 7 weeks is quite good!

DS is going about 1.5 to 2.5 hours at 4 weeks old and I feel really really lucky (don't jinx it don't jinx it don't jinx it).

Actually though that's bf, I guess ff might be different.

ZuleikaD Sat 06-Apr-13 12:26:40

Feeding every 2 hours is still normal at 7 months, never mind 7 weeks. As others have said, little and often is best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now