Talk

Advanced search

8 week injections, how bad is this situation? <worried>

(11 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Tue 02-Apr-13 11:27:10

My ds will be 9 weeks tomorrow. I hadn't got a letter from GP re injections but I assumed it would come on Saturday as the injections are done on a Tuesday here.

No letter came and they are closed today so I can't speak to anyone.

How bad is it that my ds will be 9 weeks tomorrow and hasn't had his 8 week injections?

I feel a bit anxious.

Pascha Tue 02-Apr-13 11:30:21

Not a problem. Lots of babies end up waiting a week or two if they are poorly. The nurses at the surgery where I used to work were unbothered as long as it was before 12 weeks. Anything after that and they would start enquiring if parents were interested.

Has your ds had his 8 week check by hv and gp yet?

Pinkflipflop Tue 02-Apr-13 11:31:22

The last time the hv saw my son was at 7 weeks and he has never been seen my GP.

backinaminute Tue 02-Apr-13 11:33:22

My Ds2 didn't have them till nearly 10 weeks because we were on holiday. He's got his last set today and he is 18 weeks. It's not been a problem. Just give the surgery a call when it opens and put your mind at rest grin

captainbarnacle Tue 02-Apr-13 11:33:24

Organise it yourself? Don't wait for a letter or wait for the GP to make you an appointment. You have to do things yourself.

Pascha Tue 02-Apr-13 11:33:52

All the hv does is weigh and measure him. gp will check a list of things as per the red book. They generally like gp to have seen him before first imms to make sure he is fit for them.

Its ok, just ring your surgery tomorrow and they will sort it all out for you. No biggie smile

Pinkflipflop Tue 02-Apr-13 11:35:59

I definitely would have organised it myself but they said a letter would be sent out. Right, I will get on it tomorrow.

Pascha Tue 02-Apr-13 11:37:04

Get them to check your address too in case the letter has gone astray.

ThreeWheelsGood Tue 02-Apr-13 23:35:04

We have to book the 6 week and 8 week check ourselves in our area. Injections too.

GirlWiththeLionHeart Wed 03-Apr-13 15:01:56

It's fine, my ds had his delayed too. Don't worry

teacher123 Wed 03-Apr-13 17:06:07

I rebooked mine for a week later as I was playing in three concerts the week of his 8 week injections and knew I'd be out most evenings! He started them a week later. As far I can remember it doesn't matter when they start them as long as the gaps between them are right...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now