Talk

Advanced search

It's the little things that make being a parent so great!

(21 Posts)
onceipopicantstop Mon 01-Apr-13 21:04:12

This evening my 3 year old DS (who is being quite hard work at the moment!) spontaneously gave me a hug and said "I love my mummy!" grin Just wanted to share!!

SuzySheepSmellsNice Mon 01-Apr-13 21:12:43

Aww lovely smile My DS (just 2) has been calling me Mimmy since Mother's Day for some reason, and when he cuddles me he says 'my Mimmy, ahhhhh'...

tis luffly! and makes me forget all of the trials and tribulations of raising a toddler

Posterofapombear Mon 01-Apr-13 21:13:51

Fank uuuu mummy!

Makes me weak every timegrin

JambalayaCodfishPie Mon 01-Apr-13 21:16:28

DD2, 11months, has now mastered the 'running to me with her arms outstretched' thing that just makes me want to cuddle her forever! gringringrin

SuzySheepSmellsNice Mon 01-Apr-13 21:26:09

Aww Jambalaya, when DS falls asleep in the car on the way to Tesco I swear DH drugs him so that they can spend an hour in the car instead of shopping they both come in to meet me at the end to help with the packing. When they come to find me, I get the arms-outstretched-gorgeous-smile-on-face-running-into-my-arms "Mimmy!" thing too!

«melts»

WillYouDoTheFandango Mon 01-Apr-13 21:29:16

I just got out of the bath and 15 wo DS wasn't in bed. Then from downstairs I hear "Numnumnumnumnum" (DH eating his belly) and huge high pitched shrieks of delight! Ah sod the routine for one night smile

onceipopicantstop Mon 01-Apr-13 21:32:53

Very cute!! Do you think they somehow know that by doing these things it cancels out any earlier naughtiness?? smile

scratchandsniff Mon 01-Apr-13 21:35:07

I'm quite early into this motherhood lark, DS is 5mths. He's started to give me the biggest smile and look really chuffed when I walk back into the room and he's getting all cuddly and nuzzly (if that's even a word). It melts my heart.

N0tinmylife Mon 01-Apr-13 21:36:39

When I come home after working nights at 7am. DS always wakes up as I open the front door, then comes down the stairs saying "Mummy?" then runs down and gives me a hug, as if me coming home is the most amazing thing in the world. It gets me every time!

rrreow Mon 01-Apr-13 21:55:24

DS has just learned to say 'mama' (Dutch for mummy), he's nearly 2 so was waiting for a while for this! He puts the emphasis wrong though so every time he sees me (or even a picture of me) he enthusiastically goes: mamAAAAAAAA. It's so cute!

beela Mon 01-Apr-13 22:18:04

'you got nose mummy. Lovely nose. And eyes. Lovely eyes. Beautiful eyes' (DS, 2.3).

emsibub Mon 01-Apr-13 22:23:46

When DD going to bed ni-wight mummy, ni-wight daddy, ni-wight peppa. Awww my darling, please stop growing xxx she's two and still amazed at the sheer perfectness of her. Yum think ill sneak in and give her a bedtime peck. grin

Puddlelane Mon 01-Apr-13 22:29:59

My eldest said I looked like a princess today. Which considering I'm pretty ill and was wearing pjs and uggs. I'm doing pretty well out of that!

He also says "buh-bye, see you on Thursday, have fun!" The Thursday bit is completely random and their randomness just gets me every time!

onceipopicantstop Tue 02-Apr-13 11:14:13

DS has expanded his love this morning! "I love my mummy, and I love my daddy. I love X (the cat) and I love the TV"....

ThatOneOffCBeebies Tue 02-Apr-13 14:59:26

Sometimes we skip holding hands for jollying along purposes and yesterday when I said "Shall we skip then?", DS (2.9) said "YES! Skipping makes DS feel happy." which cuted me right out!

lifesobeautiful Tue 02-Apr-13 15:13:46

Whenever I give my DS (2.5) something - biscuit, new toy, hot chocolate 'Thank you Mummy, I love it SO much!"

MortifiedAdams Tue 02-Apr-13 15:16:41

DD (15mo) is going through a period of wanting held all the time and if I try and put her down she shouts.Noooooo! Which is rather frustrating. However last night she was acting it out with her baby doll and walking her round and evrry time she went to put the baby doll down would shout Noooo! and pick her back up and carry on walking.

So at least she knows how it feels!

Iwish Tue 02-Apr-13 20:36:50

My 18mo DS has just started asking me to kiss better when he's hurt himself. Makes me melt even tho I have to kiss his finger 10 times lol.

Dancergirl Tue 02-Apr-13 20:50:11

Dd3 (6) tells me I am the most beautiful woman ever! smile She is also VERY cuddly. I am savouring every moment of her still being little, my older two are 10 and nearly 12.

ThatOneOffCBeebies Wed 03-Apr-13 21:54:39

Waking up to DS tenderly putting bogies inside my mouth.

"I put FOUR BOGIES in the Mummy mouf!"

Mmm, breakfast in bed, thanks DS.

mummy2benji Wed 03-Apr-13 22:47:22

When my dd2 (5 months) cried, ds1 (4) ran to her to cuddle her and told her "don't cry, we love you very much. And Mummy will be here forever and ever." Lump in throat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now