Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best presents for first birthday

(11 Posts)
sharond101 Sat 30-Mar-13 22:18:58

DS has his first birthday in May. He is getting a trike from his grandparents, clothes, littlelife rucksacks, musical instruments, books and trainers from me and DH. My Sister wants ideas for gifts although she suggested this, http://www.elc.co.uk/Wooden-Activity-Cube/135656,default,pd.html. I know he would like this but wonder if he would grow out of it quickly and if a play table and chair with a wooden bead frame to play with on top of it might be more useful? Any more legendary 1st birthday gifts you can share?

melliebobs Sat 30-Mar-13 22:21:56

My dd was 1 earlier this month. So far BRIO blocks have been popular. As have those wire framed bead toys from IKEA. Little people garage is fun but think more so in a few months.

Me and dh got her a 'Little bird told me - doodle and crumb' rocking horse. Big hit!

Gumps Sat 30-Mar-13 22:33:50

The play table with drawers underneath from gltc is fantastic.
My ds' also got a wooden train set and its still going strong 5 years later.

jkklpu Sat 30-Mar-13 22:37:14

It sounds as though he's getting an awful lot already. Bricks and trains/cars last forever. How about some more books? You can never go wrong with those. The best 1st birthday present my ds1 received, which I've given to 3 other kids since, is the ELC light and sounds fire engine.

Misty9 Sat 30-Mar-13 23:27:07

Another vote for the lights and sounds fire engine. Ds loves his.
As he's getting a lot of stuff, what about an annual pass for a local attraction? We had a sealife pass for a year and was great (obv free at that age so the pass is technically for the adult...)
Ds also loves his toy pushchair and shopping trolley smile he's now 18mo btw.

Misty9 Sat 30-Mar-13 23:29:15

Also, probably a bit young yet (ds didn't walk until 15mo) but the little cheap wooden table and chairs from ikea are a hit now. He loves to feel grown up and sit at his table. Definitely a good idea to think of things he can grow into over the next 6 months or so - they change so much between 12-18 months.

MortifiedAdams Sat 30-Mar-13 23:30:34

DD is obsessed with her plastic little tykes rocking horse.

attheendoftheday Sun 31-Mar-13 08:45:57

Dd1's best 1st birthday present was a wheelybug. Still played on daily at nearly 2.

JambalayaCodfishPie Sun 31-Mar-13 08:49:35

We've got DD2, who's one in three weeks, duplo blocks, and an ELC garage thing that we know she'll love.

My parents have bought her this ridiculously fantastic neon coloured doll thing that's ace. grin

My brother has bought clothes vouchers as he did at Xmas which he thinks is a cop out but I think is wonderful.

She'll also get stuff off DPs family, but that will definitely be enough! smile

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 31-Mar-13 08:52:59

mortified, i was coming on the suggest the same. it is a great horrid bit of blue plastic that takes up half of our sitting room, but dd2 loves it like nothing else.

if we had more room I'd have bought a kitchen too.

Beatrixpotty Sun 31-Mar-13 09:11:34

Little Tikes red car,indestructible and great if you have a garden.1 is probably a bit too young but by 18m they seem to love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now