Talk

Advanced search

DD doesn't like her cot any more!

(8 Posts)
delilah88 Sat 30-Mar-13 10:26:21

DD is 5.5 months and now hates sleeping in her cot. She will sleep elsewhere, in our bed, in the pram etc. but cries in the cot. I think she feels a little exposed but I know recommendations are to put nothing in there with her. How can I make it more nest-like? She loved her moses basket.
Thanks

ZuleikaD Sat 30-Mar-13 11:45:02

I'd just feed to sleep - a few more cuddles will help her feel more secure.

delilah88 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:57:17

I do that but then she wakes up at 2am crying and won't be settled until in our bed. And the same every time I put her in cot when asleep.

amyboo Sat 30-Mar-13 13:19:20

Here on the other side of the channel (I'm in Belgium) cot bumpers are widely used and recommended. DS1 (& DS2 will have it when he moves into the cot) had a half one that just went round the top end of the cot and it was well fixed. I think there's only a risk if they're not fixed properly. We stopped using it once we lowered the cot when DS1 was about 8 months old.

Purplecatti Sun 31-Mar-13 19:39:05

My baby was the same. I put bumpers on all the way round and she's fine now. there are breathable cot wraps and individual bar bumpers if you're frightened but I've got the big kind and as long as they're secured tight they're fine

minipie Sun 31-Mar-13 20:41:56

how about putting cot bumpers around the outside of the cot? That way she can't suffocate against them, but it would still help feel more enclosed.

Alternatively there is one of these but it's expensive and I suspect a five month old would quickly outgrow it.

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 01-Apr-13 22:27:16

What do you put her in to sleep? We use a sleep bag (grobag, dream sack, various brands names!) and we think that has worked to make her feel cosy despite massive cot.

delilah88 Tue 02-Apr-13 10:56:22

We have her in a sleeping bag. For past few nights have had some success putting a thin blanket over the top and tucking it in tightly ... but I worry about all the advice against blankets. Do you think they are safe is used responsibly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now