Talk

Advanced search

help perfect sleeper gone????

(9 Posts)
kayleighouise Fri 29-Mar-13 00:58:43

Hi need some advise PLEASE my daughter always slept great and wud go to bed awake wave good night and ta da one sleeping girl the last 5 weeks how ever have been hell. She won't go to bed (she is 17 nearly 18 nonths) I put her to bed awake she cries so I started to leave her to cry and it got a bit better she wud put her self back in her bed and sleep. She has a bed time routine and it has not changed.tomoight she went to bed and at 12.15 wam wide awake screaming like a banshie! I cud not leave her screaming like tht so I did. Some thing I don't agee with and placed her in my bed!! I don't want to. Start this off as a bad habbit! I am due to have my second daughter in 9 days and as a single mum (their dad is a cheater and left us wen he got his mistress knocked up) trying my best and struggling a little. She is also not eating 100% any advice wid be hugly helpful thank uxxxXx

Rockchick1984 Fri 29-Mar-13 09:49:14

What are her naps like, could she be too wide awake still at bedtime?

kayleighouise Fri 29-Mar-13 10:04:40

If she has one she will sleep about a hour

equiliteral Fri 29-Mar-13 12:45:29

Is she teething? Molars? This would tie in with not eating. Molars caused bedtime problems for both of my 2. If so try ibuprofen an hour before bed, and anbesol as needed (bedtime, before meals, when she seems upset).

kayleighouise Fri 29-Mar-13 13:25:56

I have not noticed any teeth x x

Runningblue Sat 30-Mar-13 20:00:07

Hi
You might not notice any back teeth for months, but we're quite sure it caused most of the sleep problems with ds between 1 and 2 years. You can try the advice equilateral gives as a 'test' to see if that might be the cause.
It could also be separation anxiety?

Runningblue Sat 30-Mar-13 20:01:20

What i mean about the teeth, is that the back teeth cause a lot of pain before they even make an appearance !

bigkidsdidit Sat 30-Mar-13 20:05:57

I was going to say teeth. We always notice teeth afterwards as in 'ooooh, that's why he was tricky'. Try some calpol.

Runningblue Sat 30-Mar-13 22:13:21

Yep bigkids, thats completely it, we usually found the actual tooth coming through wasn't half as bad as the months running up to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now