Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone doing Gina Ford with newborn and toddler?

(9 Posts)
breadandhoney Mon 21-Jan-13 19:13:06

Dd1 has been on GF routine since 6mo (she is now 2.6) I hadn't planned to put dd2 onto the routine as u figured u would be much more "go-with-the-flow" second time round. As it turns out that just doesn't work for us. So I am hoping to start GF routinein next few days. I was hoping for some advice on how to handle the two routines simultaneously. I'm in my own half of all evenings til after 8 so I can't have both girls in bed by 7. Had thought of continuing a 7-7 routine with dd1 and maybe doing 8-8 with dd2 but dear this might mean I would be very restricted and bedtime in particular would take ages. I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience.

Please don't flame me if you're not into GF. It has worked for us for 2 years now an in simply looking fr some advice on how to continue. Thanks smile

drinkyourmilk Mon 21-Jan-13 19:17:49

If it has worked for you that's great.
I would think you could do everything apart from actually putting them to bed.
I would continue with dd1 routine as before, and bring baby in with you for stories. After story put baby in cot, go back to dd1 to kiss/ cuddle. Then into baby for her bedtime routine. You can alter the feed time slightly to suit you. Dd will just adapt to the routine.

lorisparkle Mon 21-Jan-13 19:34:56

one of Gina Ford's books goes through how to do her routines with a baby and toddler. even though I did not do gf with ds1 as a baby I found this book really helpful. I'll try and find out what it was called as I borrowed it from the library.

breadandhoney Mon 21-Jan-13 19:56:00

Thank you. The only books ive got are the complete sleep guide and the weaning one. I may end up eating my words but dd1 really thrives on routine.

Cupcakemummy85 Mon 21-Jan-13 21:37:21

I'm actually reading that now before I give birth in a few weeks. My dd is 18 months and I just wanted more of a guideline to follow. I'm freaking out big time lol but it's nice to see some sort of routine written out . smile I wish I'd read it with dd1

MrsShrek3 Mon 21-Jan-13 22:49:13

bravery award for posting GF's name on here wink

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 21-Jan-13 22:50:33

Ineeed, MrsShrek.

Indeed.

[gulp]

sedgieloo Mon 21-Jan-13 23:02:47

Gf book didnt really appeal but...I tried her pattern of naps with my dd at five months and she immediately started sleeping through, so I think she is onto something there. I now have a new baby and I vaguely have in mind the three nap thing (shorter am and pm and long middle if day preceded by a split feed) with him. But it's very difficult to actually orchestrate with a 2.4 yr old around and in addition my ebf baby cluster feeds all eve and will not go down until he is good and ready. All I'd say I feel I've little choice but to go with the flow with two quite close in age.

lorisparkle Mon 21-Jan-13 23:50:10

I do think that with any of these books you have to take the bits you like, ignore the bits you don't and accept every child and every family is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now