Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help keep me sane with my 14wo please

(7 Posts)
GreenElephants Mon 21-Jan-13 05:56:41

My DH works away monday to friday and he's just left. I am on maternity leave with my 14 week old DS. My estate is like sheet ice and I'm not very confident driving in it. I need some advice on how to keep him occupied for a few days in the house without him getting bored and me getting cabin fever! He gets bored very quickly under the play gym and doesn't like sitting on my lap for long. Ideas please?

Scatterplot Mon 21-Jan-13 06:34:44

Play music / do songs with actions?
Bring a small tray of (fresh!) snow in for him to explore? Flour also works.
Sort out laundry/clothes he's grown out of and explain the colours?
Is there anyone you can Skype to show how he's getting on?

I found entertaining my DD hardest between 4 and 6 months on bleak days when she wanted to sit up or crawl but couldn't. She used to get quite frustrated! I hope the weather clears up soon for you.

GreenElephants Mon 21-Jan-13 16:55:27

Its a difficult month I think. Thank you xx

Boggler Mon 21-Jan-13 17:01:52

He's 14 weeks he shouldn't really need much entertaining. My dd is 22 weeks and I work on the principle of wake - food (bottle /breast etc) then a bit of activity eg bath, play on mat, sit in bouncy chair while I wash up and sing etc, then after about an hour or so of being awake she starts looking a bit bored and I settle her for a nap, she sleeps for about an hour wakes plays for 30 mins then I feed her and the cycle starts again until she goes to bed at 7. She doesn't need that much activity and I find if I stimulate her too much she really struggles to sleep.

Iggly Mon 21-Jan-13 17:20:56

Have you got a sling? I used to carry mine around in that while I did housework or stuff around the house. Eg laundry folding clothes, make beds etc etc. or pop in the cot with toys while I tidied a room.

Can you get out for a walk at all?

GreenElephants Mon 21-Jan-13 18:37:22

Thanks Boggler, I may try that instead then, maybe I am worrying and don't need to be.

Yes Iggly went for a walk today, that helped.

Aworryingtrend Mon 21-Jan-13 20:44:50

Hello! I have a 14 week old DS and when I saw the weathger forecast for more snow was thinking argh how we will keep ourselves entertained?! Our day has been like this:
8am wake
play in our bed with 'upstairs' toys (just small toys i keep in our room!) until
9.30 nap
10.15wake and play in bouncy chair independently whilst i wash and syterilise bottles
10.45 play on my knee whilst i 'read' books to him
12 nap until
12.45 wake
play on play gym semi-independently whilst i play with him a bit but also am on phone fold washing etc
2.45 nap
3.15 wake sit on settee playing with a few toys
5.30 nap until 6
then we go upstairs and start bedtime routine at 6.30.

I am definitely going out for a walk tomorrow though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now