Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Child care during school holidays

(5 Posts)
Nevercan Sun 13-Jan-13 15:15:09

My dd1 starts schools in Sept. What child care arrangements do you make for the 6 weeks they are off if you work? I work 3 days a week and I am just mulling over how it will work for us....thanks.

sensesworkingovertime Sun 13-Jan-13 19:28:42

Hi Nevercan, it is certainly a juggling act at times but my options are ( I work half the week), :-

Me or DH booking time off
Looked after by grandparents and occasssionally uncles/aunts
Occasional childminder

My primary school has a breakfast and afterschool club that runs a minding service during the hols, obviously the more expensive option.

Good luck with it all.

CMOTDibbler Sun 13-Jan-13 19:31:06

I use holiday club at school, holiday sports club, and dh and I take annual leave - no family help available to us.

chicaguapa Sun 13-Jan-13 19:36:00

We used to get a summer au pair to cover the long summer holidays, then the other weeks were shared between me & DH. I was able to buy extra holiday at work. I usually arranged for DC to go a friend's on inset days.

BooCanary Sun 13-Jan-13 19:42:15

DH and I take 2 weeks AL each, one of those weeks we take together, so we cover 3 weeks in total.

Use play schemes for 2-3 weeks. My parents live nearby but are not well enough to have dcs for more than a day or two here and there, so they cover any half weeks iyswim - so the first few days of hold, and then the last few (inset) days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now