Talk

Advanced search

Accidents- baby getting hurt

(5 Posts)
Weezie85 Wed 09-Jan-13 07:37:43

Ok so 7 mo DD has started to pull herself up on her feet, but has now fallen a lot of times. When she is playing I am always there to catch her so she doesn't get hurt but yesterday after a nap she pulled herself up in her cot and fell. Now has a massive bruise on her cheek. How on earth do I stop her hurting herself or is it just something I have to accept till she can get herself down again.

LurcioLovesFrankie Wed 09-Jan-13 07:44:03

Sounds like you're already doing it just right - lots of supervision, minimising the danger, but the odd bump will still happen, I'm afraid. It's a lovely phase though, so much fun to watch them getting more mobile.

Tee2072 Wed 09-Jan-13 07:46:17

It's what they do. They are amazingly bouncy and resilient. She's going to get bruised and banged up and scratches you can't figure out where she got them.

Just let her go.

JollyToddles Wed 09-Jan-13 07:47:17

You can also try to teach her how to get down safely. By standing her up and lowering her down again.

They do learn quickly smile

Lawabidingmama Wed 09-Jan-13 19:26:46

Aw bless her my youngest is a mobile little thing too and like you felt awful when she bumped! She crawled at 6 mo pulled herald by 7 mo and now at nearly 10mo is very climby and almost walking!! Like you I tried to catch her when playing but within older DD (2 yr gap) my attention was often taken and she would often bump when pulling herself up in the cot, I think it's just something us mummy's have to cope with and they soon get steadier I wish I had a huge roll cotton wool for mine xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now