Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Snuffly snorty baby

(5 Posts)
WhoahThereCrazyHorse Thu 20-Dec-12 13:24:38

Ds is 9 weeks and has pretty much had a cold since about 2 weeks old. It doesn't really seem to bother him, but when he breathes - particularly when he wakes at night - he snorts really loudly, a bit like Daddy Pig(!) which doesn't sound quite right. I'm wondering if its something like his adenoids, should I worry do you think?

Thanks

ThedementedPenguin Thu 20-Dec-12 13:38:49

My ds was like this for ages but has settled now. We used nasal drops. Which helped us also was told by hv to steam him in bathroom. We did all of this which seemed to help. Have you tried these methods?

WhoahThereCrazyHorse Thu 20-Dec-12 14:15:36

I've been a bit slack and not really done anything as it wasnt worrying him too much, it suddenly struck me that it's been lingering for some time though!! Will try steam and nasal drops, thank you.

ThreeWheelsGood Thu 20-Dec-12 18:42:09

It's not a cold, my midwife called it the sniffles and said babies get it on and off. As long as it's not affecting his sleep then no need to do anything, just ride it out!

whatsoever Thu 20-Dec-12 20:33:49

My DS has had this on and off since birth (he's 9 weeks). It doesn't bother him so we've done nothing. (We called the midwife the day he came home from hospital and they said not to worry.) However when he was still in our room it kept me awake so it bothered me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: