Talk

Advanced search

Nizoral shampoo for cradle cap

(7 Posts)
lottietrottie Mon 10-Dec-12 15:38:15

Hello, my GP has prescribed Nizoral shampoo for my 12 week old baby's cradle cap. I have tried dentinox and olive oil to no avail and it seems to be getting worse and has now spread to his forehead. Has anyone tried Nizoral shampoo? From looking online I am nervous about using it as I have read some people think it is too strong for a young baby. Does anyone have any experience of using it for cradle cap?
Thanks

Britsy Mon 10-Dec-12 16:25:05

I'm using it at the moment as nothing else was clearing up babys cradle cap. It does leave his scalp looking rather red but the flakes have reduced somewhat. I only leave it on for a minute though.

Poledra Mon 10-Dec-12 16:29:11

I didn't but found that the best thing for DD2's cradle cap was a NittyGritty comb! It lifted out the loose flakes and, for whatever reason, the cradle cap just slowly disappeared. <wonders if DD2 was just growing out of it>

It was very satisfying to do as well.

extracrunchy Tue 11-Dec-12 14:56:29

We used Dentinox cradle cap shampoo and loved it. Smells lovely too!

lottietrottie Tue 11-Dec-12 15:58:33

Britsy can I ask how old your baby is?
I have tried dentinox and it didn't seem to do much expect dry up the skin. Maybe I should keep going with it?

Rhubarbgarden Tue 11-Dec-12 20:18:32

I found Green Baby scalp oil surprisingly effective. You rub it in dry hair, comb through lifting the scales, then shampoo out.

valiumredhead Wed 12-Dec-12 08:17:38

I would try the Ginger Shampoo from The Body Shop first which is more gentle than Nizoral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now