Talk

Advanced search

So sick of nursery rhymes!

(5 Posts)
Starrsmummy Fri 30-Nov-12 12:31:12

I know that makes me sound like a really bad mother grin but I am so fed up of the same nursery rhymes and lullabies from dd's (11 weeks) musical toys. It was literally driving me doolally. DD absolutely loves music though so I couldn't stop playing them - instead I went on a hunt and found the 50 greatest baby lullabies on iTunes for £3.50 (a BARG if you ask me). These are all modern songs (music only) done in a lullaby style. DD can't get enough and I can quite happily listen too!

Thought I'd share my find incase there are any other non traditional type mummy's out there hehe x

Cosmo89 Fri 30-Nov-12 13:43:41

Natalie Merchant's Leave Your Sleep is a beautiful, child focused album.
I've been listening to it solidly for 2 years, before I was a Mum, but now DS enjoys the tunes with me.
Honestly, you won't want it to stop.

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Nov-12 13:47:10

Oh, I am going to check out that Natalie Merchant one. Love her and 10,000 Maniacs. Tiger Lily is my all time favourite album.

After 4 years (2 DC) I would rather stick pins in my eyes that hear Wind the fecking Bobin up ever again.

Clumsasaurus Fri 30-Nov-12 19:54:09

Hurrah! So happy I found this! I hate nursery rhymes and have been avoiding them at all cost but felt bad poor DS (16weeks) was missing out! Off to iTunes now!

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Nov-12 21:02:37

I have ordered the Natalie Merchant Album. I have high hopes for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now