Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When to stop the dummy?

(4 Posts)
MummyGBee Thu 29-Nov-12 07:44:14

My LB is two and 3 months! His speech is very advanced for his age, due to mobility issues when he was younger. I want to stop his dummy as his talking is so good and I also worry about his teeth (dont want him to have rainbow teeth)

So far weve managed to take it away most of the day but night time is near impossible! Hea never slept through the night and wakes 3+ tims a night searching for it! I have no idea how to take them away completley!

Any suggestions would be brilliant smile)

Thaaanx <3

chezziejo Thu 29-Nov-12 09:34:45

I'm same. Ds 2.5 and will put it away in day but night time is a no go. Having a newborn as well I'm not ready to face the battle yet, but good luck to you.

KatoPotatoHoHo Thu 29-Nov-12 09:40:23

I fretted and worried and googled and mn'd this topic when DS was 2.5.

We managed to get it down to daytime only, then one night he just forgot to ask for it! DH and I stood outside his door listening but he just fell asleep! The next night he did ask and we said 'you didn't need it last night,' and he seemed to accept this!

All that fretting and he dropped it just like that! So try not to fret it, if you can be rid of it during the day then your 80% there!

coldcupoftea Thu 29-Nov-12 09:43:46

Don't stress, my DD1 was nearly 4 when she finally dropped the dummy. From the age of 2 she had it at nightime only. She has perfect teeth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now