Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

santa

(7 Posts)
ash979 Wed 28-Nov-12 21:26:03

When is a good time to see Santa for the first time?! My dd is 13 months, is this too young? I was terrified of Santa when I was little, don't want the same for her

trixie123 Wed 28-Nov-12 22:06:15

I really wouldn't bother at all until they are at least 2-3 years old. She'll have no idea of what is going on and may well be frightened of the strange big man with a beard. My DS plucked up the nerve to snatch his pressie out of Santa's hand at 2.4 blush but that was it. This year we are encouraging him to "get" the whole Xmas thing but he's quite oblivious really. DD (18m) I think will be much quicker on the uptake. If you do it now, it will only be for the sake of a cute photo. I understand the urge to do it but you have about 10 years for this, leave it for 1.

Bananapickle Wed 28-Nov-12 22:31:21

Not sure it would be worth it this year. My DH's parents paid for all their grandchildren to see Santa last weekend and my DD and her cousin (who are both 21 months) wouldn't go near him, so we didn't even get the cute photo!

ZuleikaD Thu 29-Nov-12 05:43:53

Yeah, don't bother this year. DD is 3 and we're still not taking her this year.

glentherednosedbattleostrich Thu 29-Nov-12 06:04:27

Wouldn't bother this year, she won't get it. But if you did take her she probably won't remember next year, in case she did get freaked out.

DD is 2.7 this Christmas and is starting to get the whole some bloke breaks in and brings me presents! She loves chatting to Santa, even spending ages in town yesterday chatting to a bit model Santa telling him she's been a good girl, last year she screamed if she saw the big guy!

ash979 Fri 30-Nov-12 19:57:10

Thanks ladies will give it a miss for now then, relief for me, hate dressed up people!!!

CoolaSchmoola Fri 30-Nov-12 23:36:38

We're taking our 14 month old - but only because she is really outgoing and likes everyone so there are no worries around her being scared. I am the first to admit it's more for us though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: