Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Big boy bed or not?

(5 Posts)
VickyandAlistair Tue 27-Nov-12 14:46:56

Hi just looking for a few opinions really,
ds is 2.2 and we are moving into a new flat on Saturday. Dhs gparents very kindly bought ds a lovely little bed, a small single, bigger than a toddler bed though. Am debating on when would be a good time for the transition? He likes his cot, generally sleeps 12 hrs straight and hasn't ever tried to climb out. Would it be too much do you think, a new flat and a new bed? Or would it be a good time to make the change?

ellesabe Tue 27-Nov-12 15:32:50

I would keep the cot for the time being if I were you. It might be too much change if you are moving house too and if he's happily sleeping 12 hours a night, why rock the boat? smile

This advice comes from someone who moved 24mo into a bed a month before a new sibling arrived and seriously regretted it!

HappySurfWidow Tue 27-Nov-12 15:38:26

We moved houses in May and my son happily adjusted to a new house and new "big boy bed" at the same time. He was 2.2 at the time.

However, we did put him on a mattress on the floor to start with as I was worried about him falling out of bed. I set up the bed properly about 2 months ago and he's never fallen out.

I'd say go for it! But ultimately it's up to you... All the best.

HappySurfWidow Tue 27-Nov-12 15:41:00

Oh, I forgot to say that when we moved house, I discovered I was pregnant again, so I really wanted my son out of his cot, so it could be used for baby no2 (due next month)... So I had a reason for not letting him linger in his cot!

Essexmamma Tue 27-Nov-12 16:20:55

I'd say it's a perfect time for a new bed; new room new bed. Ds1 was in his bed bit of cot bed at 18mths and loved it. We did get a bed guard which stopped him falling out and looks a bit like cot bars too which is an idea if you think he'd like to feel a bit more secure. My ds1 still has the bed guard aged 4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now