Talk

Advanced search

why am I so worried?

(7 Posts)
WazzaWoo Sun 25-Nov-12 09:36:21

My DD is nearly 2, I ha've always been anxious and a worrier but recently I havent wanted any of the family to have dd as I get so worried something will happen! I've never had any help so its always been just me and dd, my mum has offered to have dd one afternoon for me and I would love abit of me time but I get so worried something's going to happen! Please tell me I'm being silly and everything will be ok!

cory Sun 25-Nov-12 10:00:49

Ok here goes: you are being silly and everything will be ok. smile

Are there any particular reasons why you think your dd would be less safe with your mum? Is she particularly careless? Did she fail to bring you up safely? (probably not, since you're still here)

(have to admit, the only time my dc have ever had accidents has been when they've been with me, so evidence seems to suggest that they'd be safer with almost anybody else...blush)

OR could it just be that you are having these anxious thoughts because you are, in fact, a bit run down and need that me-time? In which case, the best way to deal with the problem would be to go and have it.

WazzaWoo Sun 25-Nov-12 10:06:59

Hi Cory, yes you are prob right!! Both my sister and I were looked after fine so yes I should have no worries! Yes I am in desperate need of me time, I think it's just because we have never had help that it's hard now to leave her,,,,, but I'm going to try! X

WazzaWoo Sun 25-Nov-12 10:08:11

Hi Cory, yes you are prob right!! Both my sister and I were looked after fine so yes I should have no worries! Yes I am in desperate need of me time, I think it's just because we have never had help that it's hard now to leave her,,,,, but I'm going to try! X

ImperialStateKnickers Sun 25-Nov-12 10:11:48

I think all of us have had the odd twitch about handing our beloveds over, and the longer the gap before we do it the worse it is.

You may not enjoy the 'me' time the first, or even second or third, time you do it, but each time your dd comes back to you having had a lovely time with granny, you will feel a bit more confident.

WazzaWoo Sun 25-Nov-12 11:22:39

Thanks imperial, you are right! Thanks for making me feel like I'm not going mad! Ha ha.

SomethingOnce Sun 25-Nov-12 17:18:18

I can second not enjoying the me time to begin with.

Even though DD had been previously been looked after by my very competent mother, who works in a childcare setting, two days a week for six months, the first time she went to crèche on her own I spent the whole time feeling very anxious and didn't enjoy my cup of coffee (five minutes walk away) at all.

You could ask that they stay at home the first few times while you adjust and work from there.

It'll be fine - enjoy your time off smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now