Talk

Advanced search

10 year old dd being left out....

(3 Posts)
sandycloud Tue 20-Nov-12 20:58:58

Dd is part of a group of 7 girls who are a big group of friends although I guess one or two are better friends than others. At the weekend one girl had a sleepover for her birthday and was only allowed to choose 5 friends so my dd was left out. Today she has come home from school and another friend is having an ice skating party and again my dd is not invited. She often complains that is not the popular one in the group but I feel upset for her. She won't ask this girl why she isn't invited. This girl was round at our house 2 weeks ago and they seem to get along well. I feel I can't get involved but want to say something too but wonder if this will make things worse. Is it just girls of this age? Do I bite my tongue? Do I let dd invite them to her party after Xmas even though I don't want to? Has anyone else been through this? Any ideas?

thegreylady Tue 20-Nov-12 21:08:31

Unfortunately once it happens once it will become accepted by the others that she is left out.An odd number is always awkward because when they are not in a big group they will tend to pair off.
Let her invite them to her party but suggest she thinks of one more girl she could ask to even up the numbers.

sandycloud Tue 20-Nov-12 21:16:43

Yeah I wonder if they are all following the lead of the most popular girl. Not sure she wants to invite them all to a party anyway. Have sorted out one friend for a sleepover this weekend to cheer her up. She is taking it pretty well though. It is more me who feels pissed off! I have told her this time next year she will be at high school so hopefully things will change. Dd always makes friends easily on holiday and when we're out so hope it is just a bad patch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now