Talk

Advanced search

pregnant, toddler, so up and down and IRRITATED: normal?

(7 Posts)
lionlion Sat 10-Nov-12 18:01:03

Hi, am 18 weeks pregnant, sickness went at 12 weeks but still up and down - Soooooo tired, plus just worried the whole time. More than with 1st dc anf that was after 7 mc's... Worries include disability, upsetting dd, not being happy - and we are as a threesome, so happy - arguing wiht dh for a year, autism... SEE it is exhausting. Think it a combination of knowing how hard it is with one and she's damn easy, biddable, sleeps, eats (I'm not showing off!) And is 3 soon. Argh. And feel too tired even to imagine having one. Any words of wisdom appreciated... I work 4 days a week in quite a stressful job, too... Right off to worry some more ;)

QTPie Sat 10-Nov-12 19:46:58

Completely understandable - tiredness, stress and hormones. Second time around is always going to be tougher (first time round, you just have yourself to worry about during pregnancy).

Can you get any more sleep? Honestly, tiredness is the biggest Robles: if you get a bit more sleep, you may feel generally a bit better.

How about a good prenatal yoga class? I know that finding a time is an issue, but an hour or 1.5 hours to concentrate on just you and your pregnancy. To move a little and prepare for the birth. To distress. I did a prenatal yoga class before DS and it was 1.5 hours of heaven each week...

QTPie Sat 10-Nov-12 19:47:33

Robles? Robles?! Problems!

lionlion Sat 10-Nov-12 20:16:38

Good suggestions: I always feel more sane after going swimming, its just getting to it in first place. And my sleep, for one reason or other, has been shocking (three hourly wake-ups) since preggers. Do u have 2dcs now?

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sat 10-Nov-12 20:38:59

Hopefully normal...I am 34 weeks pregnant and have a 2.8 yr old DS.

I'm also a big worrier and am forever dreaming up things that might go wrong. My 'favourite' worry at the minute is this:

1. I have another horrific labour/birth experience with the resultant failure to bond and PND, except this time I'll have a 3 yr-old to cope with aswell...
OR
2. I have a lovely labour/birth and no PND and therefore bond more immediately with DC2 so will (somehow!) love them more than I love DS1 (who I love to the ends of the earth).

I stress about this one a lot, as it feels like such a no-win situation! Much to my husband's confusion!

DS is also relatively easy at the minute and we are sooo happy as a family of three, so I'm stressing about upsetting the balance and throwing DS's world totally off-kilter...

To top it off I am tired, irritable and HUGELY UNCOMFORTABLE!

So I can empathise, even though I can't offer any constructive advice. Other than having nice relaxing baths with the world's teeniest glass of wine and a good book smile

QTPie Sat 10-Nov-12 20:44:32

Hi

No, only one DC - trying for number 2 (looking like IVF in Feb following some gynae surgery in Dec...), but plenty of my NCT group are on their second.

I managed to swim twice a week during my pregnancy (up until 4 days before his birth) with DS and it was fab. In addition to the prenatal yoga. I would attempt to do the same during a second pregnancy, but know that at second pregnancy would be harder (because you have to fit around existing DC and have even less spare time).

Pregnancy isn't great for sleep sad. If your DD still naps, can you fit in a nap during the days that you don't work?

Try and do some swimming/yoga - some "you time" and just something to de-stress and clear your mind. Think that you need to try to prioritise something regular for you.

QT

Pochemuchka Sat 10-Nov-12 20:53:05

No advice really, just tons of empathy.
I am a huge worrier too.
I'm pregnant with DC3 and have had two ok births but because of this I'm worried that this won't be as easy because I can't be that lucky! (You just can't win)
Am worried about dynamics, sleep deprivation, coping, getting depressed and because DS was born with a medical condition I'm worried about that too.
I am working 30 hours in 3 days and all the rest of the childcare falls to me and I'm grumpy, tired and feeling like a crap mum.
On the plus side, this pregnancy hasn't been as physically awful as my last one and I've saved my holiday from work so I'll have a month off before I have DC3.
I'm also going to put the DC into nursery a few mornings a week so I have some me time and afterwards some time with DC3 and special time with the other two DC.
I'm sure things aren't as bad as you think and my two DC adore each other and I'm sure yours will too. They already take each others' sides against me the little monkeys smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now