Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving on from napping on me...?

(8 Posts)
belindarose Sat 10-Nov-12 12:03:35

I love DS (4 months) napping on me, but I can't get anything done, obviously, and DD (3) needs me! He will sleep in a sling or while being cuddled, but if I put him in his cot he only stays asleep ten minutes. I don't find I can do much with him in the sling, although can play with DD or walk the dog.

What do others do with babies of this age? He hates the car, by the way.

QTPie Sat 10-Nov-12 14:25:43

Have you tried rocking to sleep in the pram?

I know this isn't ideal! But we did it this way from 6 months until 14 months (I am embarrassed to say!). I used to push the pram backwards and forwards across a tiled floor (uneven), he would fall asleep and stay asleep. Night times were fine (in cot).

Eithe that or be persistent with trying to resettle in the cot? Do you have blackout blinds?

poocatcherchampion Sat 10-Nov-12 14:28:46

My dd got it at about 5 months and has slept in cot ever since. Might improve soon?

Sparklingbrook Sat 10-Nov-12 14:35:59

I am a bit old and DS1 is 13 however we had the 1999 version of this beauty. It was worth it's weight in gold.

Sparklingbrook Sat 10-Nov-12 14:36:44

Oh and it was just 'swing' with 3 speeds in 1999 no bounce. wink

belindarose Sat 10-Nov-12 15:45:26

Thanks. He's only just started to tolerate his pram for walks, but will try it for naps. Also reassuring that it just might improve anyway. The swing looks good but we have no room!

QTPie Sat 10-Nov-12 16:36:23

Oh it will definitely improve! To be honest, most babies that I have known haven't settled into proper naps until about 6/7 months... 4 months is still very early days smile

Good luck smile

Kittycatcat Sun 11-Nov-12 00:04:03

My DS hates his Moses basket during the day, he has a stokke crib at night, but will often nap in his swing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now