Talk

Advanced search

Lost my temper with my 2yo PFB

(8 Posts)
HeavenlyWineandRoses Fri 09-Nov-12 20:14:44

On my own for bedtime tonight for the first time since DS2 was born five weeks ago.

I put DS1 down first and he went down beautifully and I was ready to feed DS2 and busy patting myself on the back when I realised DS2 had a leaking nappy and needed a full change. DS2 started objecting loudly to being changed when he was expecting a feed. DS1 next door joined in and started crying hard and begging to get up. I tried continuing with DS2 with both getting hysterical and me feeling very stressed, eventually losing my temper with poor DS1 and pounding angrily into his bedroom and shouting at him to stop crying and being naughty. I repented straight away and apologised but, instead of his usual singing or mischief making, he's lying in his cot looking very sad and subdued sad sad sad.

I feel dreadful for losing my temper. I tried to explain to him that he had had his stories and cuddles and that then it was DS2's turn but it all came out sounding like DS2 was more important than him. Am I over-thinking it or am I a crap parent?

Themobstersknife Fri 09-Nov-12 20:16:23

Over thinking! Pour a glass of wine... and relax!

AnyaKnowIt Fri 09-Nov-12 20:19:20

Have a wine all will be forgotten in the morning

FadBook Fri 09-Nov-12 20:19:39

Heavenly - it happens to us all at some point or another, we all loose it from time to time and it was your turn tonight.

You've done the right thing by explaining why you were angry and you can give him extra cuddles tomorrow. He will also learn from it and see that having a tantrum doesn't get what he wants too, hence why he was subdued.

Get yourself a glass of wine and some chocolate and promise yourself that tomorrow will be a new day wink

RyleDup Fri 09-Nov-12 20:23:26

Give him a cuddle, say sorry and try to count to ten next time. And have a huge glass of wine.

HeavenlyWineandRoses Fri 09-Nov-12 20:38:22

Thank you, lovely people [flowers].

Wine would be lovely but I am breastfeeding, on antibiotics and getting about four hours' sleep a night so I think I'd better make myself a big hot chocolate instead.

Themobstersknife Fri 09-Nov-12 20:39:38

Bless you! Hot choc it is. Enjoy!

dementedma Fri 09-Nov-12 22:11:57

Don't worry.if this is the worst you do, they are lucky boys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now