Talk

Advanced search

Ds won't eat his packed lunch

(5 Posts)
Goodbyetonsils Fri 09-Nov-12 11:01:07

Ds started school in September and wants to be on dinners. As a treat once a week he gets a school dinner but I can't afford to do this every day. Ds is usually a good eater, at nursery he'd get hot dinners included in the price so he has grown accustomed to this! But his lunch box keeps coming back almost full- he's not even eating the pom bears which he usually loves shock I've tried a range of sandwiches/wraps etc to no avail. WWYD?

SquidgersMummy Fri 09-Nov-12 11:09:00

Check it's nothing to do with timings and friends - are all friends on dinners - can they sit together/go to play at same time - are dinners more popular - any teasing issues re having packed lunch or content he's taking - is there teacher or dinner lady can encourage him. Surely they should notice he's not eaten much shock.

X

SavoyCabbage Fri 09-Nov-12 11:13:50

Could you get him a Thermos Funtainer and give him pasta, fried rice, soup etc in that. My dd prefers that to sandwiches.

Mine have packed lunch every day but probably o ly have sandwiches once a week.

We have
Scones
Crackers and dip
Prawns and salad vegetables
Sushi
Sausage rolls

Goodbyetonsils Fri 09-Nov-12 15:51:24

He's not even eating things I know he likes, I think we will have to try pasta etc! I thought the same... why aren't they noticing he's not eating much shock I never really get a chance to speak to his teacher as he's in after school club/my mum picks him up and she tends to forget!

Goldenjubilee10 Fri 09-Nov-12 20:49:29

Could you cut back on something else so that he can have school dinners. Perhaps ask grandparents/aunties for money at Christmas to use for this. It you wouldn't have to find the full cost as it would be ofset by not having to buy things for a packed lunch. If he eats and enjoys school meals it would be really great if he could have them each day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now