Talk

Advanced search

please help!

(8 Posts)
worldofmyown Thu 08-Nov-12 23:31:03

I didnt know where to post!
My lo (4months) is in her cot asleep i was going to get a drink but oh text me so was replying a couple mins later i looked up and she was face down in her mattress and fast asleep disnt even make a sound rolling over. im terrified it will happen again. any ideas how to prevemt her rolling. i dont even want to go to sleep incase she does it and i cant hear her. what if i did go and get a drink! Our lives would be completely different in the worst way right now xxx

stella1w Thu 08-Nov-12 23:46:07

I was told that once they start rolling their neck muscles are strong enough so they don,t suffocate. You shd still put them down on their back, but not worry too much if they roll.

worldofmyown Thu 08-Nov-12 23:47:44

Thank you. shes got good head control but she is exhausted and hasnt slept much today through teething. shes just done it twice and just layed there :'(

vamosbebe Thu 08-Nov-12 23:56:45

Perhpas roll her back onto her back when she's completely asleep, just for your peace of mind. But, I'd back up what stella1w says.

worldofmyown Fri 09-Nov-12 00:16:30

I keep putting her on her back and she rolls onto her side straight away. i was going to put her in her moses basket for.tonight but i think shes too tall now x

Kittycatcat Fri 09-Nov-12 03:23:43

Could you roll up some towels and put them either side of her?

OstensiblyMe Fri 09-Nov-12 04:13:15

My dd1 started doing this at 3 months! She was a big strong baby and learned to roll over very early. From then on she wanted to sleep on her front and every time I got up in the night to turn her, she she just flipped right over again and I was knackered from no sleep! I mentioned it to the health visitor who said not to worry and let her sleep how she wants. One thing that did help was putting her in a baby sleeping bag so she didn't come out of the covers and get cold when she rolled. Because she loved being on her front and was strong, she was crawling at 5 months, so watch out! My other 2 dcs hated being on their front and would just put their face on the floor and wail - they are all so different.

worldofmyown Fri 09-Nov-12 10:43:16

Thank you everyone. i put something by her sides to stop her rolling x
i dont mind her sleeping on her front but she was face down into the mattress xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now