Talk

Advanced search

best portable (i.e. for holidays) car seat?? (for 2 yo)

(6 Posts)
kerryanni Thu 08-Nov-12 21:42:23

Hi- we are going on holiday to india and I'm a bit worried about car seats for my 2yo.
We have a maxi cosi axis at home but don't think we can take that. Has anyone any ideas of what is the best thing to do. I have heard that there are inflatable booster seats on the market for 3+ yr olds and maybe that would be better than nothing for him, but not sure which is best to buy.

Homebird8 Thu 08-Nov-12 23:51:41

We've got BubbleBums for our two DCs but they are older than your DC. They are definitely better than nothing for a young child but is your DC big enough to be using a booster seat at all?
The BubbleBums are as good as any other booster seat for safety, plus more comfortable and easy to pack. I'd give you a link but my browser keeps putting in the NZ version!

Twobuttonsaway Fri 09-Nov-12 07:36:01

Trunki do one which converts from a rucksack to booster but you would need to check your DC is tall enough. Useful though because it can hold toys for hand luggage! Amazon sell it unsurprisingly!

kerryanni Fri 09-Nov-12 15:22:54

Hi thanks for replies.
Have just rung the Trunki helpline and they reckon min weight for their carseat is 15kg.
Unfortunately my son is only 12kg.
Not sure what to do - whether the seat would be better than nothing as not sure we could take a proper one for his age group.
Not sure what other people do - do they just hold child on lap and hope for best??confused

Homebird8 Fri 09-Nov-12 20:32:26

The airlines will let you take. Car seat in addition to your luggage but it's worth a check with yours. You do have to handle a heavy seat at the other end though. It sounds as if your DC is too little for a booster to be safe anyway but if you can do nothing else then better that than not.

BertieBotts Fri 09-Nov-12 20:34:28

I'd just buy a cheap one rather than taking yours in case it gets damaged/stolen.

If he's 12kg and 2 years old, it's going to have to be a group 1 seat, no way around it really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now