Talk

Advanced search

Is this teething?

(5 Posts)
Cosmo89 Wed 07-Nov-12 12:23:36

DS chews his fist with gusto, is red cheeked, dribbling everywhere - I asked HV whether it was teething - she said she couldn't detect anything.

Since then he has started to go off his food. He's ok when BFing (combination fed) but the bottle is becoming harder to give to him - he takes it for a short period but refuses when he is still blatantly hungry and will still root. I put a bit of teething gel on his gums and he did take another 2oz after that.

Seeing as 50% of his food comes from a bottle I really do need to get him to eat.

Any ideas? Is it teething do you think?

Kittycatcat Wed 07-Nov-12 16:34:03

Does sound like it could be. They can go thru that stage for ages before anything appears. You could also try some infant
Nurofen.

Frontpaw Wed 07-Nov-12 16:37:33

How old is he? Sometimes they get like this ages before anything comes through. I seem to remember DS getting a bottom rash too!

Cosmo89 Wed 07-Nov-12 20:19:42

He's 4.5months. I really need him to eat!!! He was doing so well with his sleep last week because he was eating heartily during the day. and now we're getting increased night waking. Argh!

Seeing HV tomorrow will check again

minimouse88 Thu 08-Nov-12 15:02:14

Hi there, how old is ds? i have a 2yr4mth old dd and from what you have said it def sounds like teething. i always used to be reluctant to give calpol when she was little but looking back now, i probably should have given it to her more frequently, instead relying on powders/gels etc that in my opinion never did very much. Provided you stick to the dosage its fine to give it when you think its needed, i'd always start off by giving a cold teething ring, then powder or gel and then moving onto calpol as a last resort. But generally it was only ever calpol that gave a good response.
Oh and has he got a Sophie the giraffe? If not then i would suggest getting one asap, they're not cheap but are the BEST teething toy money can buy, we went through about 3 of these as they kept getting lost. Absolutely brilliant.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000SOG7BY/ref=asc_df_B000SOG7BY10487294?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000SOG7BY

You could also try Bickiepegs (i think sainsburys sell them) its a bit like a dog biscuit but gives them something hard to chew on.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now