Talk

Advanced search

What do you do when siblings 2yr age gap want the same Xmas gift ?

(10 Posts)
3plus2 Sun 04-Nov-12 19:32:11

They both want dolls prams ? I feel the 7 yr old is getting a bit big for one ? I can't justify buying 2 ?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 04-Nov-12 20:52:29

Why not buy 2 really cheap ones that both fold away?

BerthaTheBogBurglar Sun 04-Nov-12 20:54:13

Buy 2 identical ones. No fights.

It's not going to cost any more than buying 2 different presents, and its not like they happily take it in turns to play with a pram - they'll always both want it at the same time!

RowanTreesJoeAtChristmas Sun 04-Nov-12 22:34:25

Ummm... the same thing you'd do if they wanted completely different gifts- Buy them both what they want. You can't justify NOT buying the older DD one just because YOU think she's a bit big for it. She will constantly want DD2's pram if she gets one and it's not fair. Get them both the same one so one is not perceived to be better than the other.

3plus2 Mon 05-Nov-12 07:50:56

Thing is thou as soon as LO says I want this then the big one wants it then the big one wants this then the little one wants it too ? We are short on space too thing that annoys me aswell is my Oldee child hates dolls ? She won't even pick them up so what is she gonna put in this pram exactly ??

MerseyMama Mon 05-Nov-12 07:53:40

Agree with rowan also 7 is still a little girl and not too old

daisydoodoo Mon 05-Nov-12 07:54:52

The cat/dog?

Dd1 doesn't really play with dolls but she loves her dolls pram. She often puts the terrier in it and makes her the baby luckily the dogre seems to like it.

I'd leave it til closer to Xmas to buy but if they both still want it then I'd buy them both one.

3plus2 Mon 05-Nov-12 07:59:42

Ok thank you will wait till they both deff want that I have bought them both the furby each and a android each as they both wants those .

BrittaPerry Mon 05-Nov-12 08:04:17

My dd uses her doll pram to play bin lorries grin

3plus2 Mon 05-Nov-12 08:05:50

Lol I like her imagination grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now