Talk

Advanced search

Baby clothes - where do you buy yours?

(10 Posts)
gail734 Sun 04-Nov-12 18:50:42

My little girl is nearly four months old. I have bought very few baby clothes up until now, because of the many, many presents given when she was born! Now I'm looking for something specific... I know that babies look really cute in tiny little "adult" clothes like jeans etc, but I prefer to dress her in all-in-ones or babygros, for her comfort and mine. However, I don't want her to look like she's always out in her jammies! Where can I get babygros that look a bit more like actual, daytime clothing? (Online or on the high street?) Thanks!

Loislane78 Sun 04-Nov-12 19:10:50

I get 'daytime' suits from Next - nice patterns/colours that are just a little fancier smile. The sizes are generous and they wash well. Sainsbury's also have nice ones as do Boots, although bit more expensive.

smile

stargirl1701 Sun 04-Nov-12 19:15:42

NCT Sales and Jack & Jill Markets. I try to be as Eco friendly as possible when it comes to LO. We managed not to buy anything new till I started bottle feeding.

Mrscog Sun 04-Nov-12 19:16:52

Apart from gifts, my DS has been dressed head to toe in Sainsbury's clothes! I really like them - they tend to do colours other than blue and pink which I think gets a bit boring. I fear I am actually addicted to their baby clothes.....

melliebobs Sun 04-Nov-12 19:18:03

TKMaxx always have good baby grows
Then I'd say next

NellyBluth Sun 04-Nov-12 19:25:11

Next have decent ones that last, as do M&S.

I quite like Primark ones. They wash pretty well, but also as your baby starts to move around she might get a big dirty and so you're not worried about ruining expensive babygrows. I also buy a lot from Matalan.

George @ Asda vests, 3 for about £3, are fantastic and they wash really well.

Nevercan Sun 04-Nov-12 20:28:18

Debenhams do some lovely day time baby grows / all in ones.

glowfrog Sun 04-Nov-12 21:40:48

I love H&M (Hennies) stuff - very good quality and not too expensive, washes very well.

Saltytomato Sun 04-Nov-12 22:18:11

Baby gap is fantastic, especially for socks!
John Lewis and marks and spencer are also really good for quality sleep suits and bodysuits.
H & M are good for cheap bits and pieces, especially if you have a chubby baby like mine, the trousers are all elasticised around the waist!
smile

Rhubarbgarden Sun 04-Nov-12 22:49:48

I was given lovely daytime-type rompers from H&M. I've also found eBay is a great place to get brands like Toby Tiger and Green Baby who do gorgeous but expensive all-in-ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now