Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this teething? Surely too soon?

(11 Posts)
SquidgersMummy Fri 02-Nov-12 18:57:26

My DD is 13wks - lots of chewing her fist and fingers and being grizzly and a bit clingy but can be distracted. No temp, feeding well, good weight and nappies etc. DH convinced she's teething ....is it not too soon for that. Some dribbling but not every day. May just be tired as she hasn't really figured out naps yet. ??

Thanks xx

MrsWembley Fri 02-Nov-12 18:58:44

My DD produced her first at 4m and my DS at 3. Some DCs are apparently born with them, so it could be.smile

AntsMarching Fri 02-Nov-12 19:10:25

It could well be, my dd1 had her first tooth at 10.5 weeks with all the same symptoms you describe.

belindarose Fri 02-Nov-12 19:12:04

My poor baby has 6 at 17 weeks! I didn't notice any symptoms for the first couple though.

magoosmom Fri 02-Nov-12 19:14:37

belinda shock
my DS was like that at 7 weeks, I presumed it was teething but he didn't get a tooth til he was 7 months hmm

belindarose Fri 02-Nov-12 19:19:35

He's quite pissed off about them, magoo!

QTPie Fri 02-Nov-12 20:01:12

I have known a few children with teeth at 4 months...

CrazyRandomHappenstance Sat 03-Nov-12 08:26:21

DD2 got her first at 6 weeks, second at 5months confused

ElphabaTheGreen Sat 03-Nov-12 15:28:57

Chewing the fist is perfectly a normal developmental step which is usually not indicative of teething. Babies use their mouths to explore things, and the first thing that gets explored is the hands (obviously, since they need to see what those feel like and how they work before they can grab anything else to stick in their gobs!) The excess of drooling is partly the immaturity of their swallowing mechanics, but also a protective device so that any thing suspicious that does end up in the mouth is washed out, or at least is given a good cleansing by the anti microbial properties of saliva. I've had people insisting my DS has been teething since he was six weeks old when he started doing this. I just smile and nod. He's now five months and still as toothless as a little old man. smile

ZuleikaD Sun 04-Nov-12 06:33:22

What Elphaba said.

weegiemum Sun 04-Nov-12 06:41:46

My dd1 was born (before due date) with a wee blister in her lower gum. Midwife said "oh her teeth will be in soon!". I thought it was rubbish. But when she was 10 weeks we took her to meet her great Grannie and she bit so hard she drew blood!
<rather proud of feeding her for 13 months after that>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now