Talk

Advanced search

Best cream for nappy rash

(20 Posts)
blushingmare Thu 01-Nov-12 18:58:50

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this.

Just looking a recommendation for the best cream for treatment (as opposed to prevention of) nappy rash. DD is just starting to get a little bit and I want to zap it before it gets any worse!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 01-Nov-12 18:59:52

metanium

if that doesn't work then it might be fungal, in which case you can try 1% canestan cream

Pancakeflipper Thu 01-Nov-12 19:00:39

There's one that's yellow and glue like. Stinks. Begins with a M. Fantastic stuff.
Someone else will come along with its full name.

krisskross Thu 01-Nov-12 19:01:05

metanium- the yellow one not the daily barrier one. its the best without a doubt,.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Thu 01-Nov-12 19:01:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Thu 01-Nov-12 19:01:25

Ohhelpohnoitsa Thu 01-Nov-12 19:02:27

Savannahgirl Thu 01-Nov-12 19:05:56

Metanuim definitely the best in my opinion. Really good for sore little bottoms! Mine are long since out of nappies but I remember it being the best one for soothing and clearing up nappy rash almost immediately. Only thing is that it's very yellow and sticky so you don't need very much at all otherwise it gets onto everything smile

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 19:11:37

Hmm I prefer Sudocreme for ease of use.

blushingmare Thu 01-Nov-12 19:29:46

Thanks - already using Sudocrem so will give Metanium a go

SecrectFarleysNibbler Thu 01-Nov-12 20:49:17

Metanium - it does get everywhere especially if your little one gets hold of a tube and manages to squirt half a tube in her mush and all over her face!!!! Arrrgh!! A quick call to the Gp to find out if she had done herself any harm - all good!! Phew!!! BUT it's great on poorly bums! Sigh!!

sweetiepie1979 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:56:53

Metanium I have tubes everywhere. Put it on lightly not thickly it's a miracle if it doesn't clear up your lo might have a bit of thrush easily sorted goodluck

chubbymomie2012 Fri 02-Nov-12 16:38:51

hi
i work in Childrens intensive care and with the drugs we use the babies always get sore bottoms, i agree metanium is brill but if u mix it with Vaseline in a wee bowl or tub then its even better. plus do not use wipes to take cream or pooh off. use soft cotton wool and olive oil. good luck.

happy2bhomely Fri 02-Nov-12 16:42:12

None of mine had nappy rash so I've never used it myself but, my sister swears by Metanium for her twins bums.

MorningCoffee Fri 02-Nov-12 16:57:16

Metanium

HappyAsASandboy Fri 02-Nov-12 17:12:38

Metanium!

Do you think mumsnet could get some funding from them in return for all this advertising?!

Sheepasaurus Mon 05-Nov-12 23:35:30

I found CJ's BUTTer just as good as metanium for clearing ip my daughters rash and it actually smells nice!

Brices Mon 05-Nov-12 23:42:13

Cotton wool with baby oil for cleaning, then layer of sudocream followed by metanium over top

ledkr Mon 05-Nov-12 23:55:09

My baby cries if I put sudo creme on her bum I second metanium

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Mon 05-Nov-12 23:55:22

Another vote for metanium, they have an everyday version out that's less stinky and sticky. Over three babies I've tried loads but that's the only one that works IMO - and it's incredibly fast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now