Talk

Advanced search

How to dress a baby for winter

(8 Posts)
SamsMommyXXX Thu 01-Nov-12 18:04:21

I have an almost 3 week DS who really really doesn't like snowsuits, he screams and screams whenever we try and put him in them. Looking for some advice on what to dress him in for the winter when we are out and about. He is a very tall baby but skinny so hard to find clothes that fit him well...his baby gros are a little big for him so bunch up when he is in a snow suit which is why he doesn't like them I think.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Olympicrock Thu 01-Nov-12 18:07:24

Mountain buggy mummy bag like this shop.mountainbuggy.com/accessories/universal/sleeping-bag-foot-muff/mummy-bag I got mine off eBay for a lot less. Then you can skip coats and everything else as they are super snug!

PotteringAlong Thu 01-Nov-12 18:18:15

you need one of these bad boys!

Misty9 Thu 01-Nov-12 18:18:38

You could get a fleecy footmuff for in the pram? I got mine for £25 from John Lewis (red star one, you see it everywhere!) and you could just put him in that to keep warm?
Failing that, layering is the key I think. Also, I saw a padded sleeper that mothercare sell - like a babygro but padded (its supposed to be instead of a sleeping bag at night) could that be easier to put on?

greenbananas Thu 01-Nov-12 18:50:06

ooh, potteringalong I love those star outfit things - they look really comfortable.

Agree about wrapping up in fleecy footmuffy things - although it does mean that you have be indoors to take baby out the pushchair if he cries. I found that it's even easier if you use a soft carrier/wrap sling to carry baby around instead of a pushchair - then you can just put a cardigan and hat on the baby, put the baby in the sling and then zip your own coat up over both of you so that baby is kept warm by your body (and is less likely to cry because is already being cuddled by you).

PotteringAlong Thu 01-Nov-12 20:59:42

I've used and used and used the star suit - v handy for when thru are in a sling / car seat too!

lola88 Fri 02-Nov-12 18:40:39

I'm a big fan of layering that way wherever you are you can add/remove. On very cold days DS wears vest, tshirt, jumper, coat and has a blanket inside his footmuff. When we are indoors the footmuff is unzipped and blanket comes off, if we are indoors somewhere warm coat comes off too, and if we are in someones house visiting then the jumper can come off if need be. Same with cold mornings and warmer afteroons blanket and coat can be removed if it's heated up.

makachu Sat 03-Nov-12 20:45:16

I have been put my baby (6 weeks) in his sleeping bag in the pram with blankets on top. I find it really easy to get him in and out of and you can put a coat or cardy over or under it that you can take off and put on more easily than a snow suit smile Probably no good once they are past the lie flat stage but it's working for me for the time being.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now