Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to buy comfortable trousers for my 2yo?

(17 Posts)
beela Mon 29-Oct-12 14:36:18

I am having trouser shopping traumas for DS (2.0). All the trousers in the shops seem to be skinny jeans or carrot trousers. He is 2, ffs.

All I am asking for is something he can wear to grub around in the dirt in and be comfortable. Best I've found so far are some £3 tracksuit trousers from primark but I'm not sure how long they are going to last as not particularly good quality.

I want him to be comfortable, not trendy.

Anyone found any good trousers for their toddler boys recently?

sunnysunnyshine Mon 29-Oct-12 14:40:42

I like the cords from H&M. Nice and soft and comfy but still hard wearing. And they look lovely...

Or if I'm feeling a bit flush, the John Lewis cords.

FeralGirlCambs Mon 29-Oct-12 14:57:31

ebay! Got 3 pairs of (used but great condition) cords (H&M and Next) for 99p for my DD recently. Unless you really hate the idea of secondhand it does help to avoid the whatever today's fashion is craziness...

tiredteddy Mon 29-Oct-12 15:00:31

I always liked the Mini Mode boys section in boots. Jogging bottoms, combats, trousers in classic children's style rather than mini adult skinnies etc. Nice colours usually too but you need a big store for the full range and the website is rubbish.

HollyHopDrive Mon 29-Oct-12 15:00:41

M&S had some great lined conbat trousers for £8 each, navy, charcoal and a sandy colour. They're good for narrower waists and not too long, my DS (2.3) hasn't got the longest legs and Next stuff can often be a bit baggy but M&S are good for him.

trixie123 Mon 29-Oct-12 18:19:38

If you're flush, Gapkids do great quality joggers ( I only know this becuase the GPs buy them smile but actually, I got loads of very cheap ones from Matalan when DS was / is potty training, they've been washed to death and are fine.

kige Mon 29-Oct-12 18:24:10

I had a similar problem and found that joggers are the solution. They can look a bit smarter if you get them in a plain navy. They are also great for potty training as he will be able to easily pull them up and down himself.

PeggyCarter Mon 29-Oct-12 18:24:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shesparkles Mon 29-Oct-12 18:26:26

If the Primark joggers for little kids are as good as the ones for big kids youre onto a winner with them. My 10 yr old ds wears them a lot, for football training and everything and they seem to be pretty indestructible

jamaisjedors Mon 29-Oct-12 18:28:00

Frugi www.welovefrugi.com/ have really comfy trousers but they are pricey (there is a code for 20% off I think).

My two DS choose them first off the trousers pile every single time and moan that their other trousers are uncomfortable.

Panzee Mon 29-Oct-12 18:28:31

My son lives in track suit bottoms from M&S.

noisytoys Mon 29-Oct-12 18:28:43

Leggings are good too smile

spinaltap Mon 29-Oct-12 18:32:00

I discovered Matalan recently - our local one had a really good selection of toddler trousers. Got ds some bright green joggers for about a fiver and they're nice and thick and comfy looking.

RonettePulaski Mon 29-Oct-12 18:35:02

Sainsburys have cords with an elastic waistband. Ds lives in them. About a £5 too. Perfect

shoesontheglasslamp Mon 29-Oct-12 21:26:07

Tesco also have cords with elastic waist. I bought some about a month ago so should still be there.
They look a bit smarter than joggers, but are just as comfy. I got brown and grey I think.

CitizenOscar Mon 29-Oct-12 21:39:20

DS currently lives in jogging bottoms from h&m and gap; lined jeans from mothercare & sainsburys; and lined grey trousers from sainsburys.

He also has some red skinny jeans but that's not what you're looking for grin

AlohaMama Mon 29-Oct-12 23:41:59

I bought these recently from M&S. Comfy cotton, but are lined with a soft jersey material. They roll up easily and have nice elasticated waistband. Looks like M&S have quite a few others that look comfy. Only 8 quid too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now