Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Night dryness- need some suggestions

(5 Posts)
beetlebat Mon 29-Oct-12 13:36:50

DD is 2.6 and has been potty trained by day for about 5 months. Even before we started potty training she often had dry nappies overnight, and up until about 3 weeks ago was often dry 5-6 nights out of 7. However we kept her in pull ups at night until about a month ago when we changed her cot bed into a bed (thinking she needed to be able to get out to use potty if she needed before we stopped using pull ups).

A few days later she started having more wet pulls ups than dry and for the last 2 weeks I don't think we have had one dry night. She doesn't seem unhappy or worried about the change to a bed, though will not get out of it without us going in to get her. At the suggestion of a friend we left the pull ups off for the last few nights in case she needed the feeling of no nappy, but all we have had is wet sheets, mostly at the normal time she wakes in the morning. No idea whether she is wee-ing when still asleep or awake, and despite having good speech she can't tell us herself.

I have read that night dryness is something they either can do or can't, but it seems DD can do both! Has anyone experienced this and have any suggestions? Back into pull ups tonight, I think, but then what? Blimey, just realised how long this is - thanks for reading!

Nooneelseisallowedafergus Mon 29-Oct-12 19:44:42

I think I read somewhere that you should only remove night nappies once you've had 10 dry nappies in a row. So just keep using pull ups until this happens.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 29-Oct-12 19:46:36

There is no point to trying to night 'train' a child. They'll be dry when they're ready. 2.6 is very young for them to be dry at night.

The change in wetness may be down to weather - she's sweating less at night now, so has more wee?

Nevercan Mon 29-Oct-12 20:13:23

Is she drinking more before bed?

beetlebat Mon 29-Oct-12 21:59:17

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I know deep down I need to be patient, it just seems so odd that she has been so nearly there, only to suddenly not be at all. She does drink a small amount of milk half an hour or so before bed, so I suppose we could move that earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now