Talk

Advanced search

Do you wash baby's hands (PFB alert)

(10 Posts)
SquidgersMummy Mon 29-Oct-12 10:40:11

My baby not old enough to mouth everything but chews her hands - do you bother washing them during the day? Surely soap a bit harsh - and how do I do it with a 12 wk old other than just wiping them.

Man, I have PFB syndrome bad......blush

issimma Mon 29-Oct-12 10:40:28

Nope grin

Pascha Mon 29-Oct-12 10:41:52

Just with a damp cloth or a wipe now and then. I wouldn't use soap unless they had been in contact with anything yukky.

SquidgersMummy Mon 29-Oct-12 10:42:24

That's what I thought......am insane trying to prevent dirty germs and viruses attacking my angel grin

ZuleikaD Mon 29-Oct-12 13:06:33

No. grin

headfairy Mon 29-Oct-12 13:10:34

dirty germs and viruses are what will my your little angel strong and healthy grin

QTPie Mon 29-Oct-12 14:48:17

At 12 weeks, what is she touching to make her hands dirty? Once they are active and maybe outside (or grim playgroups ;) ) then maybe a different story (I used to clean before meals or if there is an obvious need).

Just wait until they are crawling/walking: you will be grabbing all sorts of things out of their mouths/hands (rusty chains, dog bowls, biscuits they have found on the floor, muddy stones...). And I am a clean freak! They will do hideous things and survive (and get stronger). DS is a very healthy little monster (now 2 years 9 months)

Susieloo Mon 29-Oct-12 14:51:16

Ds is 16 weeks and constantly chewing his hands and builds up a lovely little grime collection in between his fingers so I use soaking wet cotton wool at the end of the day to clean them if its not bath night.

louisdog Mon 29-Oct-12 15:15:49

I sometimes use a clean wet wipe on my 13 week old daughter's hands during a nappy change, to freshen her hands up a bit, but not sure why tbh - she mostly only sucks them rather than picking up mucky stuff at the mo.

lola88 Mon 29-Oct-12 19:46:48

DS (9mo) gets his hands and face wiped with a baby wipe a million times a day but thats because he's a dirt magnet, when he was little he would chew his hands and somehow get fluff stuck between his fingers so i'd clean them.

Don't worry about germs DS had all sorts in his mouth including someone elses half eaten marshmallow from the floor of the soft play and he's just fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now