Talk

Advanced search

This OP, for example, is a twat.

(9 Posts)
notMarlene Sun 28-Oct-12 10:05:23

The DC have been waking early for ages (between 5 & 6) so we invested in a groclock last week, it's fab, they can earn stickers for staying in bed until the morning and they've been doing pretty well.

So, being a smart woman I changed the time on the clock when I put them to bed (an hour late) last night. This morning they both arrived in my room proud as punch to say they'd slept until morning, I stumbled into their room, checked the time on the the clock and WOW 7:15. Handed out the stickers and masses of praise. Good work DC!

Then we whent downstairs. That was when I realized I'd put their clock forward and not back. FFS. 5:15.

Do I win the 1st prize for clock changing twattery?

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 28-Oct-12 10:07:36

If you'd left the clock on BST you could have had a lie in.

Conflugenglugen Sun 28-Oct-12 10:09:34

grin

1st prize to you! Have some thanks too!

GrotMags Sun 28-Oct-12 10:09:36

Oh dear grin will be a long day

I changed ours last night and had to double check in case I had done the same

notMarlene Sun 28-Oct-12 10:09:38

I know, I'm a twat wink

Suchanamateur Sun 28-Oct-12 10:57:14

I had a panic about this in the middle of he night and had to creep into DS' room and triple check. Still didn't stop either DD or Ds waking at the arsecrack of dawn though..

plipplops Sun 28-Oct-12 20:51:56

I got it right this year but did exactly the same as you a couple of years ago. In fact I spent all week changing the clock by 10 mins to get them adjusted gently, then on the Sunday realised I'd gone the wrong sodding way. Do I win?!

Hpbp Sun 28-Oct-12 21:11:58

NotMarlene, plipplops, you made me chuckle ! First prize to you both !
I woke up this morning checking my wrist watch, 8.30, switched on all the lights, sneezing loudly and almost ready to wake up DC. Then saw the time on the alarm clock which has an automatic setting, hum 7.35 ! Well, thought I did not read my wrist watch correctly and went back to bed. DH moaned because I woke him up and asked if I knew that we were changingtime this week end ! Actually I did not.... Hum hum... Looking after a 13 week baby and a toddler and a Mum who ad surgery a week ago, I seem to be overwhelmed ....

forcedinsomnia Mon 29-Oct-12 11:20:00

I think Plipplops wins....that just really made me giggle. Lol. grinYou did it for 6 nights not realising. Brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now