Talk

Advanced search

How are babies made mummy?

(4 Posts)
Pyrrah Wed 24-Oct-12 17:41:43

Help!

I'm trying to find a book that will cover the facts of life for a 3.5 year old. Everything I've found so far does the whole foetus to baby bit fine but completely omits the sex bit.

DD is a big fan of OBEM and knows exactly how babies come out - and where from. She is not going to be convinced by untruths and trying to be vague just gets more questions. For her age she is quite precocious and likes scientific explanations for things like 'why does it rain', 'where does the sun go' etc and so anything that is too basic or glosses over too much is not going to satisfy her.

If there is a reasonably simple book out there that would help answer the endless questions I'd be grateful to know what I should buy!

Marmiteisyummy Wed 24-Oct-12 18:20:24

Tbh I think it's a bit young for full graphics. I'd worry about what she will tell playmates at nursery.
where willy went may be useful though for the awkward questions. HTH.

Pyrrah Wed 24-Oct-12 19:26:26

That looks good - will try it and see!

My parents were hauled in and asked if my sister and I had somehow found my father's anatomy books so I get what you are saying about the playground!

poppyboo Wed 24-Oct-12 20:00:57

This book is BRILLIANT
www.amazon.co.uk/Made-Love-How-Babies-are/dp/0333741862

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now