Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going insane!

(7 Posts)
Ameybee Mon 22-Oct-12 16:41:24

Having a bad day! Had 3 hours sleep as up with 4 week old ds breastfeeding all night n not settling & 3 year old dd's behaviour - only with me has deteriorated! Started clinging onto me constantly & whining not doing what I say! Argh! Feel as tho I am going mental!!! If I don't get some sleep tonight I can't imagine how tomorrow will be! Help! Just been for a walk in rain as that desperate to get out the house! X

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 22-Oct-12 22:02:14

So sorry you are feeling so tired. Have you tried sticking Lo in bed with you and feeding lying down? You may get some more sleep.

Are there any play groups you could go to, so that dd can burn off some energy? I used to stick dc2 in a sling so that I could play with dc1 at play group. See if your local nct run groups near to you too. They usually offer a cuppa and some adult conversation and probably a few other toddlers for dd to play with.

As for tonight though, googling kellymom baby and toddler and get an early night? Have you got anyone to get up with the dc when they wake so that you can get a few extra minutes?

Iwillorderthefood Mon 22-Oct-12 22:09:02

Poor you, as previous poster said bf lying down. Pick yourself up, and dust yourself down and start tomorrow with a fresh sheet. Also have steps that you take each time there is an issue with behaviour, the same steps each time so that you provide real boundaries. Says the mum whose 3 yr old did a wee on the sofa this evening, then refused to shower, and finally screamed all the way to bed. DD is perfectly able to get to the bathroom but wouldn't. It sounds as though you and I have about the same age gap and it does get better.

Ameybee Mon 22-Oct-12 23:15:40

Thanks for replies. After I posted my 3 year old started vomiting so think that's why she's been so clingy etc. nightmare with new baby n vomit everywhere sad sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 23-Oct-12 06:58:00

Oh dear, hope you've had some help last night.

Here's the link I mentioned before.

Hope you have a better day too smile.

EMS23 Tue 23-Oct-12 07:13:30

It won't help in a practical way but just to say you're not alone and I sympathise. I have DD1 - 2 and DD2 - 5 weeks and right now it feels like hell.
DD1's behaviour is shocking and she's so clingy, just like yours.
I'm assured it will all be worth it very soon and that for now, we just have to survive!

Ameybee Tue 23-Oct-12 22:18:36

Feel a bit better today as had both grandmas up in shifts to help with the vomathon clean up! I feel guilty for moaning about her being clingy now as was prob just cos she felt rough sad. I do feed lying down but I'm too scared to co sleep - I work at a children's hospital & have seen a lot of cases of overlying - makes me very paranoid, more so than already, I'm not the most relaxed parent! I really hope ds starts to go a bit longer between feeds as every 2 hours is knackering, tho I'm sure completly normal for 4 week old! Thanks for all the support! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now