Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of the story of the 35 stone mum who had her ds taken off her?

(5 Posts)
CuriousMama Sat 20-Oct-12 23:04:33

Apologies if it's already in a thread?

Here's the story.

I'm torn as I think maybe she should've been supported more rather than taking him straight off her? She's done so well losing weight. I wonder why, now she's a size 16, he's still not with her?

It's probably just like any addiction that's life threatening, I suppose? I know people who have drink or drugs problems and they've lost their dcs, or almost lost them.

I just find this very sad. It's good that he's with family now though.

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 23:11:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 23:13:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CuriousMama Sat 20-Oct-12 23:14:57

Yes I think it's a combination of both tbh. But I know loads of parents with minging houses for various reasons, often depression or just totally being overwhelmed by the mess and giving up.

Surely they could've supported her first though? This seems so rushed?

But we don't know the whole story.

sashh Sun 21-Oct-12 07:47:32

I don't think it was her weight

"The house just became a mess. There would be food all over the living room, along with piles of unwashed ­laundry and all of Ewan’s toys scattered ­everywhere"

"Kerry decided to make hot chocolate but in a freak accident a cup of boiling water was knocked ­on to the friend. He was treated for burns at hospital and nurses reported the ­incident to social services."

So the place is a mess, not just untidy but if there was food everywhere unsanitary and a child is burned in the house - assuming the child was the same age that's a 4 year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now