Talk

Advanced search

What to wear under baby's sleeping bag

(5 Posts)
Jackie432 Tue 16-Oct-12 10:28:52

I'm going to put my LO in his cot at the weekend (he's getting too big for his Moses basket)
I've got the grobag from mothercare but I've thrown the packaging away and not sure what I should put him in to wear under it. Temperature is around 17 degrees in the night and I've got both the 1 tog and 2.5 - I was thinking of using the 2.5 tog...

mejon Tue 16-Oct-12 10:33:52

At that temperature (and colder) both DDs would have a short sleeved vest and sleepsuit underneath a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. When it gets very chilly (our house sometimes goes down to 13-14 during the night then I'd put a long sleeved vest on instead of the short sleeve one. I only use a 1 tog bag in the very warm summer months so ours didn't get used much this year grin and I'm using it now for DD2 for her afternoon nap over her normal daytime clothes.

Jackie432 Tue 16-Oct-12 10:45:45

Thanks mejon! My LO is nearly 3 months now so I guess I won't be using the 1 tog much but I like the idea of putting him in it for daytime naps...I won't feel so bad then about wasting my money on it!

teacher123 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:59:43

Same as mejon. I use a 2.5 at night with a vest and sleep suit underneath and use the 1.5 for naps with his clothes underneath. I have just bought a couple of thicker sleep suits made of fleecy material for when it gets really cold. DS likes to be at exactly 20 degrees. No more. No less. He is a fusspot!

BartletForTeamGB Tue 16-Oct-12 15:19:09

gro.co.uk/pages/what-to-wear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now