Talk

Advanced search

second baby and there is some stuff i seem to have forgotten about...

(13 Posts)
victoriassponge Sat 13-Oct-12 19:00:51

DS1 is almost 3 and i have recently given birth to DS2. just have a couple of questions about stuff i cant remember from the first time round...

1. when do BF babies start sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time?
2. do they all have snotty noes / eyes? how long does that last? (csec baby over here)
3. when will my boobs stop hurting from the CONSTANT Bfeeding??
4. are all babies so noisy when they sleep at night? (grunting, whinnying, squeaking, gulping, snorting etc..

UsingAPsuedonym Sat 13-Oct-12 19:08:22

No 1 baby about 10 months. No 2 baby did 4 hour stretches about 6 months.

Mine did first few weeks. Can't remember how long.

I had constant feeding but luckily no pain

Really noisy. I'd forgotten that too. Ended up moving baby into sisters room at four months because of it.

Congratulations on the baby. I was amazed how much I'd forgotten between babies. Same age has here. What's been lovely has been all the lovely moments I'd forgotten too, the excitement of learning new things and squidginess of babies :-)

UsingAPsuedonym Sat 13-Oct-12 19:09:22

No 1 baby about 10 months. No 2 baby did 4 hour stretches about 6 months.

Mine did first few weeks. Can't remember how long.

I had constant feeding but luckily no pain

Really noisy. I'd forgotten that too. Ended up moving baby into sisters room at four months because of it.

Congratulations on the baby. I was amazed how much I'd forgotten between babies. Same age has here. What's been lovely has been all the lovely moments I'd forgotten too, the excitement of learning new things and squidginess of babies :-)

vallinnapod Sat 13-Oct-12 20:27:53

1) I genuinely can't remember blush DS is 13.5 months so I should really. TBH we co-slept after the first wake up so I just swapped him from side to side. Definitely after the first 6 weeks we were getting about 4 hours plus.

2) DS didn't have snotty eyes/nose but mild cradle cap until about 5 or 6 months which kept coming and going. Along with an attractive line of baby acne which again came and went before vanishing around 3-4 months

3) Lucked out with the absence of boob pain. The after pains (worse than labour IMO) lasted 48-72 hours. I reckon I got used to the let down reflect rather than it not hurting as much IYSWIM

4) I don't remember DS being a noisy baby at all. He was evicted at 6 months but kept coming back for a co-sleep until we night weaned at 7 months. It was around then he took up more of the bed than me and DH! We did share with him last month on holiday and I nearly slept on the landing he was so loud!

Congratulations on you LO - have a snuggle for me!

AntsMarching Sat 13-Oct-12 20:48:40

Depends on the baby. Dd1 started doing 3-4 hour stretches around 4 months. Dd2 started doing 9 hour stretches around 6-7 weeks. Both breastfed, so not sure why there was sucha difference. Although I did notice that dd1 was a great daytime napper whereas dd2 would hardly nap and never for longer than 45 minutes.

Neither of mine had snotty noses/eyes...until they got their first cold.

Can't remember when boobs stopped hurting.

Both of mine were very noisy sleepers. So bad they would keep me awake, although by about 4-5 months, they seemed to have quieted down.

Sorry, I'm not much help! Congrats on your new baby!

WillowB Sat 13-Oct-12 23:04:41

Congratulations!
Will try & remember best I can...
1. I think after about 6 weeks we got 3-4 hour stretches.at 5 months we average between 5-8
2. Another c section baby. VERY snotty/mucuosy Esp in the mornings, then gt a cold at about 6 weeks so I think this stage lasted till about 10 weeks.
3. Feeding was worse at night. Cluster feeding from 5 pm. Helped me to express in the day and offer bottle of expressed milk at night.
4. Ugh the noise! I'm afraid I ended up moving DS at 10 weeks into his own room. He tossed, turned and groaned from 4am every morning!

WillowB Sat 13-Oct-12 23:05:02

Congratulations!
Will try & remember best I can...
1. I think after about 6 weeks we got 3-4 hour stretches.at 5 months we average between 5-8
2. Another c section baby. VERY snotty/mucuosy Esp in the mornings, then gt a cold at about 6 weeks so I think this stage lasted till about 10 weeks.
3. Feeding was worse at night. Cluster feeding from 5 pm. Helped me to express in the day and offer bottle of expressed milk at night.
4. Ugh the noise! I'm afraid I ended up moving DS at 10 weeks into his own room. He tossed, turned and groaned from 4am every morning!

Sagelyhaunting Sat 13-Oct-12 23:09:58

1) 6/7 weeks for 4 hours of sleep in a row (sometimes)
2) Not C/sec, but gummy eyes for probably 2 weeks
3) 4 weeks of rock hard giant boobs, then things settled down
4) Freakily quiet sleepers here-or drowned out by DP snoring!

Congratulations! Enjoy all the newborn snuggles smile

victoriassponge Sun 14-Oct-12 16:56:54

Ahh smile Thanks for all the congratulations. Am enjoying all the lovely soft snuffly snuggles. I guess they are all different in terms of sleep / noise / mucous!

Baby is in and out of my bed at night. Keep trying to stay awake long enough to put him back in his moses basket but more often than not we both drop off Bfeeding lying down.

I think he may have done 4 hours last night but DS1 limbed into to bed in the middle of this and wriggled at me so between this and the snorting from the other one I didn't get more than 1-2 hour at a time. How I wish that men could Bfeed too...

At least this time I know he will sleep through eventually... at some stage.

1. Can't remember
2. Can't remember
3. Can't remember
4. Can't remember

Think the answer to 1 may be "a very very long time"
<matchsticks>

grin congratulations

victoriassponge Thu 18-Oct-12 21:58:42

Thanks smile

BooBumpDaddyandMe Sun 21-Oct-12 22:36:38

Oh god, the grunting/snuffling/whinnying...... I'm dreading that again......I would never have believed how much noise a sleeping baby could make. This time I'm buying some ear plugs!

victoriassponge Wed 07-Nov-12 14:05:06

But (even with DS2) I still find it strangely more comforting that I can hear him breathing - its when he goes really quiet that I sit up and wait until he starts the snoring again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now